Thread: Beaches in Jaragua

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Beaches in Jaragua

Hello,

Does anybody know if it is possible to hire fishermen or someone else with a small boat to gain access to the beaches in Jaragua for daytrips, potentially including Isla Beata? We are going to Bahia de las Aguilas, but we'd like to explore other beaches in the park, as well.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you speak Spanish?

You can call Yovany at Bahia de las Aguilas. He is one of the boat owners there and might be able to give you information.
    But no guarantee...

829-890-4911

I was there a year ago, hope the number is still working. Again, no guarantee, its the DR...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    Do you speak Spanish?

You can call Yovany at Bahia de las Aguilas. He is one of the boat owners there and might be able to give you information.
    But no guarantee...

829-890-4911

I was there a year ago, hope the number is still working. Again, no guarantee, its the DR...
    Will do, thanks!

Also, if anyone has ideas for departures from the Juancho/Enriquillo side, that would be also be useful. As well as what a "fair" price would be for this kind of hire. Yes, I do speak Spanish and have no problems negotiating.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Where do you stay? A German friend of mine has a Guesthouse in Enriquillo, he might know. PM me if you want his contact details.