URGENT - Elderly man missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felicity123

Feb 25, 2018
AN ELDERLY holidaymaker has gone missing while on vacation in Bayahibe. 
Englishman John Packer, 78, was last seen on Friday at about 16:00 at the Dreams La Romana Resort and Spa with wife Lyn. 
He was wearing a pair of dark blue swimming shorts, with no shirt or shoes. 
His son Jo was due to arrive in the Dominican Republic Saturday for a holiday with John, Lyn and their grandchildren.
His family are appealing for information. 
Son James said: “We are desperately worried about dad. If anyone has seen John at any point since Friday please get in touch.”
Please contact the local police urgently if you have seen John.

Felicity123

Feb 25, 2018
Is there a media link to this story?  How about a photo of the missing man?

We have gone out to media this morning so hope to have link very soon. 

Is there an email I can send photo in to? As I do not have a place to host online to post URL here. 

Thank you 

Felicity123

Feb 25, 2018
You can upload photo to tinypic.com then post the link here. 

Unfortunately the board won’t let me post a link as I am a new member. Any other ideas or an email I could seb for a moderator to upload appreciated! Thank you 

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
AN ELDERLY holidaymaker has gone missing while on vacation in Bayahibe. 
Englishman John Packer, 78, was last seen on Friday at about 16:00 at the Dreams La Romana Resort and Spa with wife Lyn. 
He was wearing a pair of dark blue swimming shorts, with no shirt or shoes. 
His son Jo was due to arrive in the Dominican Republic Saturday for a holiday with John, Lyn and their grandchildren.
His family are appealing for information. 
Son James said: “We are desperately worried about dad. If anyone has seen John at any point since Friday please get in touch.”
Please contact the local police urgently if you have seen John.

ea7bq1Z.jpg

3v2pirO.jpg

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
The information has been shared since yesterday on several whatsapp chat groups on the east coast. It's my understanding he might have a bit of alzheimer which would explain wandering off the resort unknowingly.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Thank you every one who has helped share this news. 

Any poster having a facebook account can provide a description in Spanish and English. Copy the description with photos in this thread to your facebook home page and request the post be shared.

Pray he be found soon and well.

Regards,

PJT

hello123

Feb 25, 2018
THANK YOU ALL - I just spoke with family and he was found an hour ago, alive and safe - I understand he is receiving basic medical attention at hospital... THANK YOU to everybody that shared this message, I am sure it helped in his recovery.

Rafael Perez

Oct 21, 2007
THANK YOU ALL - I just spoke with family and he was found an hour ago, alive and safe - I understand he is receiving basic medical attention at hospital... THANK YOU to everybody that shared this message, I am sure it helped in his recovery.

Thank goodness!

Status
Not open for further replies.