Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Puerto Rico intercepts yola with 20 Dominican boatpeople

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JasonD View Post

Same argument could be had with the DR and the "true" booming of tourism; where would the island be in 2018 w/o it?

Maybe another $hithole as the western land?
    The argument is a faulty one because there was a DR before the tourist boom, and no, it wasn't as ****ty as Haiti, in fact, it showed a more consistent path to growth, because back then agricultural sector used to be the main staple of the economy, and the population was more tied to the land. I'm talking about the so called twelve years of Balaguer (1966-1978), when not only agriculture was stronger, but also the state was a more consistent employer of the population in all the public works enacted by it. You can check the economic stats of both countries in the epoch and the distance would still be there, if you doubt my words. Try again.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naked_Snake View Post
    The argument is a faulty one because there was a DR before the tourist boom, and no, it wasn't as ****ty as Haiti, in fact, it showed a more consistent path to growth, because back then agricultural sector used to be the main staple of the economy, and the population was more tied to the land. I'm talking about the so called twelve years of Balaguer (1966-1978), when not only agriculture was stronger, but also the state was a more consistent employer of the population in all the public works enacted by it. You can check the economic stats of both countries in the epoch and the distance would still be there, if you doubt my words. Try again.
    You mean the days when the only two things coming out of the DR as export were both by boats; one being the sugar cane and the other one, people in yolas going towards PR?

Yes, sir; you are then correct, no argument there.

The DR ladrones killed the sugar cane cow, let's see how long it takes them to murder the tourism too?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

You mean the days when the only two things coming out of the DR as export were both by boats; one being the sugar cane and the other one, people in yolas going towards PR?

The DR ladrones killed the sugar cane cow, let's see how long it takes them to murder the tourism too?
    You still have failed to state where you derive from. No, I am not asking for an exact postal address.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    You still have failed to state where you derive from. No, I am not asking for an exact postal address.
    Buddy if you must know, I bleed, Red, White and Blue with starts on them!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

You seem too invested on PR for a supposed "outside" observer. So I have to ask the mandatory question: Why are you so ashamed to admit your Rican status?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naked_Snake View Post
    You seem too invested on PR for a supposed "outside" observer. So I have to ask the mandatory question: Why are you so ashamed to admit your Rican status?
    That was funny!

I've lived on both island and have friends from both sides, my views are tacit and empirical in nature. I've honestly expressed what I've lived and seen, that hasn't been welcomed too well its my take?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Buddy if you must know, I bleed, Red, White and Blue with starts on them!
    Are you French?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    The link doesn't disclose anything?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    Are you French?
    If you say I'm then I must be.....lol

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast