Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 121

Thread: Puerto Rico intercepts yola with 20 Dominican boatpeople

  1. #101
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,500
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonD View Post

    Same argument could be had with the DR and the "true" booming of tourism; where would the island be in 2018 w/o it?

    Maybe another $hithole as the western land?
    The argument is a faulty one because there was a DR before the tourist boom, and no, it wasn't as ****ty as Haiti, in fact, it showed a more consistent path to growth, because back then agricultural sector used to be the main staple of the economy, and the population was more tied to the land. I'm talking about the so called twelve years of Balaguer (1966-1978), when not only agriculture was stronger, but also the state was a more consistent employer of the population in all the public works enacted by it. You can check the economic stats of both countries in the epoch and the distance would still be there, if you doubt my words. Try again.

  2. #102
    Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    483
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naked_Snake View Post
    The argument is a faulty one because there was a DR before the tourist boom, and no, it wasn't as ****ty as Haiti, in fact, it showed a more consistent path to growth, because back then agricultural sector used to be the main staple of the economy, and the population was more tied to the land. I'm talking about the so called twelve years of Balaguer (1966-1978), when not only agriculture was stronger, but also the state was a more consistent employer of the population in all the public works enacted by it. You can check the economic stats of both countries in the epoch and the distance would still be there, if you doubt my words. Try again.
    You mean the days when the only two things coming out of the DR as export were both by boats; one being the sugar cane and the other one, people in yolas going towards PR?

    Yes, sir; you are then correct, no argument there.

    The DR ladrones killed the sugar cane cow, let's see how long it takes them to murder the tourism too?

  3. #103
    Silver
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonD View Post
    You mean the days when the only two things coming out of the DR as export were both by boats; one being the sugar cane and the other one, people in yolas going towards PR?

    Yes, sir; you are then correct, no argument there.

    The DR ladrones killed the sugar cane cow, let's see how long it takes them to murder the tourism too?
    You still have failed to state where you derive from. No, I am not asking for an exact postal address.

  4. #104
    Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    483
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    You still have failed to state where you derive from. No, I am not asking for an exact postal address.
    Buddy if you must know, I bleed, Red, White and Blue with starts on them!

  5. #105
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,500
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonD View Post
    You mean the days when the only two things coming out of the DR as export were both by boats; one being the sugar cane and the other one, people in yolas going towards PR?

    Yes, sir; you are then correct, no argument there.

    The DR ladrones killed the sugar cane cow, let's see how long it takes them to murder the tourism too?
    You seem too invested on PR for a supposed "outside" observer. So I have to ask the mandatory question: Why are you so ashamed to admit your Rican status?

  6. #106
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    24,729
    Post Thanks / Like

  7. #107
    Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    483
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naked_Snake View Post
    You seem too invested on PR for a supposed "outside" observer. So I have to ask the mandatory question: Why are you so ashamed to admit your Rican status?
    That was funny!

    I've lived on both island and have friends from both sides, my views are tacit and empirical in nature. I've honestly expressed what I've lived and seen, that hasn't been welcomed too well its my take?

  8. #108
    Silver
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonD View Post
    Buddy if you must know, I bleed, Red, White and Blue with starts on them!
    Are you French?

  9. #109
    Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    483
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    The link doesn't disclose anything?

  10. #110
    Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    483
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    Are you French?
    If you say I'm then I must be.....lol

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •