Speed Traps between SD / Samana and SD / Punta Cana

chs1986

Nov 29, 2017
Hello,

Does anybody know off the top of their heads where the speed traps usually are between SD and Samana (using Highways 7 and 5) as well as between SD and Punta Cana (using Highways 4 and 3)?

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Hello,

Does anybody know off the top of their heads where the speed traps usually are between SD and Samana (using Highways 7 and 5) as well as between SD and Punta Cana (using Highways 4 and 3)?

For Autopista Noreste (Juan Pablo II), there is normally a patrol with speed guns a few miles north of the second peaje on the first of the very long straights.

https://www.google.com.do/maps/plac...a6020f24060df7e0!8m2!3d18.735693!4d-70.162651

Often there is a trap just after the Monte Plata crossroads going north too.

Another favorite spot is just north of the Sabana Grande de Boya turn and also the Arenoso turn off after passing the third peaje.

Another popular spot was under the gantry just before the Guerra turn.

You need to keep your eyes peeled because they do keep moving around.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Normally two radar traps but I would advise just do the speed limit mostly due to the curves and slick roads when we.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Hello,

Just stick to the speed limit, you might be a good driver but there are 9 million "drivers" in this country that have absolutely no clue (or am I missing the F1- or rally-pilot...) how to drive a vehicle and are the cause of 99.9% of all accidents.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I have never seen one between PC and SD and have travelled that road for 10 plus years. There always on HWY 7 so be careful on that highway.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Nagua, not speed traps just road blocks by the imported offspring from Deliverance.
Best time - early morning when Amet, or what every they are calling themselves this week, haven't finished their breakfast on company time.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Money Money Money

Not actually true. When the Samana highway was first completed there were several fatal accidents on that road. You have certainly seen the speed demons in fancy cars going out from SD on the weekends? And the Samana highway is one of the all time GREAT drives! If one has a Ferrari- oh-- such a temptation to do that road at 90mph, I would imagine.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
190 Annie

I have been 'swooshed' by many zippy vehicles... FAAAAAST ones

BTW
I had 2 speeding tix in succession last week
1st was a stickup.... threatened me with a 5,000 peso fine but I knew all the speeder tix are 1.000

I just handed over thw 1k

Second was legit... tickey... 1k at Ban Reservas

Neither on the autopista proper

The stickup was supposedly a 40kmh zone... but I hadn't entered it yet
Guys were parked 50M in advance of it - & pointed to it

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Those police guys are paid so very poorly - it is no wonder that they try to hold folks up. I stopped at the police station by one of the toll booths going onto that highway to pee once and they were so nice to me - went to get me the TP and everything- there were 3 of them - and I gave them each 100 pesos. They whooped and hollered like it was Christmas. Made me feel really sorry for them.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Those police guys are paid so very poorly - it is no wonder that they try to hold folks up. I stopped at the police station by one of the toll booths going onto that highway to pee once and they were so nice to me - went to get me the TP and everything- there were 3 of them - and I gave them each 100 pesos. They whooped and hollered like it was Christmas. Made me feel really sorry for them.

Your are the one corrupting them for the rest of us. A $6 whizz ?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
oh - yeah - if you had seen some of the bathrooms at the bus stops vs the bathroom at the police station? It was a $10 whizz! Unlike you men, we women rarely can take a whizz in the bushes.
You should try it sometime - it's liberating.
With the first part of your handle being "Mountain" I would have thought you would be a woodsy girl used to dropping trou and doing it au naturel

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
AMET frequently post a speed check point just before El Catey airport. They usually check traffic coming from Nagua going to the peninsula. Why there, I think I have an idea. The road is straight and wide in comparison to the rest of the road. One could easily stray over the 80 kph limit without realising.

A nice little earner for them! And could create another expense in addition to the 571 pesos if you want to take the toll road to Las terrenas.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
You should try it sometime - it's liberating.
With the first part of your handle being "Mountain" I would have thought you would be a woodsy girl used to dropping trou and doing it au naturel

I am and I do when there is enough brush cover - but the side of the highway to Samana is simply not one of those places. (Although I actually Have - just by opening side front and passenger doors - but closer to Samana - not close to SD and traffic which is where I tipped the cops!)