Catalonia Bavaro

Katie

Mar 25, 2002
Am arriving shortly in Punta Cana to vacation at Catalonia Bavaro resort. I understand it is supposed to be wonderful, but would like to hear from somebody who has actually been there? Being all inclusive (never been to an all-inclusive) - do they charge for anything? Thanks

kim

Jan 10, 2002
Hi -

Went to the Catalonia in January. It is a very nice property. The only negative thing I can say about the resort, which to me is a pretty big deal - Is the food. You won't starve, but the main rest. where it is buffett style. The food just isn't nothing to rave about. Try to book as many of the specialty resturants as possible for dinner.

The beach water had a lot of seaweed in the water, so I did not go in. That does not seem to bother everyone. The beach itself is very nice.

The resort is a very pretty property. You don't have to pay for anything, except for items you purchase at the gift shop or conv. store. You don't have to tip, but the staff do appreciate it. Most people bring $50-100 in singles and tip the bartenders and maids for extra special service.