Status
Not open for further replies.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
So how about it gang???
Do you think it would be a good idea??
Would you be willing to help make it a reality?

I'm looking for feed back on this one before expending too much time running ideas and how-to's past Rob. I'm sure he has lots to do as it is......

He's asked for my expertise and I've offered it so now it's up to the "forum gang" to let us know if you'd like to see this happen and if you'd be willing to help it come together and gell into something really great.

We're "LISTENING"

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
Hey she's not a DR1 poster so she doesn't count.. and she looks too good in a bikini anyway :( What are the rules here? Most projects involve a lot of basic things like research, ground rules, etc. Then you form the backbone after that so... are you really seroius about this thing? If the DR fashion modles are involved in this contest then girls like us have absolutely no chance. This is sounding like a bikini contest that they do at beach bars here. They are sponsored by various beers like Corona etc. and its a pretty good advertising campaign but the girls only get like $100 for winning. The most famous of these is the Hawaiian Tropic contest. Anyway, if you really want good advertising and $$ making you need real bikini modles to compete not us lowely DR1 computer geeks.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Well.....it's a start-now get serious "WUD"

Theresa is right....we would need some ground rules.
Any suggestions?
This IS a serious attempt to find out if the idea is worth pursuing. So get serious....the "OPEN" forum happens to be the most logical place for this thread so put your thinking caps on and let's get down to business!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I think if you are going to run a contest, it cannot be for DR1 posters. It will not happen and we really don't have enough female posters.

Alternatively, if the contest is for DR girls, it's hosted and promoted locally and we cover it the right way on DR1 then that's a completely different story. This has a future and something we would help organize and promote, plus it's much easier to get local support and sponsorship for this type of event.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
originally posted by Master Rob
It will not happen, and we really don't have enough female posters.
Translation: we really don't have enough posters that look like that picture, and I think that the idea of seeing most of the posters wearing that bikiny is scary.

If I am going to enter that contest I'd better start saving money for my surgeries. Taking donations now...

Last edited:

jjsk

"Going for Gold"
Jan 1, 2002
Pib said:
If I am going to enter that contest I'd better start saving money for my surgeries. Taking donations now...

Pib, for a contest like this, the first surgery you'd need is a lobotomy! :D

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Tsk,tsk JJSK & Pib

I'm disappointed in the two of you....
We're trying to be serious here....and promote DR1 in a fun yet sophisticated manner. If I could get everyone else here to be serious I think we could produce a "spectacular" event that would only make the whole DR1 concept come "alive" and provide an excellent wealth of knowledge and info for Dominicans and foreigners alike.
The more well known DR1 is, the more contributors there will be to it. The more contributors to it, the more revenues generated. The more revenues generated, the better service Rob & Dolores will be able to deliver. Just look at this weekend.....they're going to be moving over to new servers to better accomodate all of us!! (This is a "free" forum).
Just think of the possibilites.............
Ispent 23yrs doing the kind of promotion we're trying to put together here and I've offered to do it for free because I can see what this site could become. Rob & Dolores have worked hard for six yrs for the "gang" to have this forum.
What say we give them a hand so they can continue to provide the "entertainment" and excitement we all have enjoyed at DR1

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
[B]MommC[/B] said:
"entertainment" and excitement we all have enjoyed at DR1
Say what! It seems like I've been visiting the wrong board. I've got plenty "entertainment" here, for my "excitement" needs I go elsewhere :D

Now, I am all for promoting the site, supporting DR1 and whatnot, but a beauty contest? Not what I would choose. But a male contest, complete with mud wrestling and chocolate covering, now we're talking!

sorry, I can't take seriously anything related to a beauty contest...

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Did we say beauty contest????

Not....we said Ms DR1 Pageant!

So get those ideas on this thread...........

jjsk

"Going for Gold"
Jan 1, 2002
serious?

Mommc, I have come to respect your opinion on many a topic, but I swear that's the first time I've heard a t*ts and *ss contest referred to as "sophisiticated"
:D

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Well....no one said it was going to be a

T&A contest.....
I had something a little different in mind.....
Yes looks will be a factor (Sex does Sell) but a small factor hopefully.
I really don't want to give out too much info yet because it hasn't all gelled. I really do want opinions, suggestions and most of all VOLUNTEERS to help make this a reality (let's be real here...I'm going back to Canada in about 10 days and I won't be back til Nov.) I'd like to make this an "International" event as a "mirror" of the site and the forum.
Do I need to start another "Help ME -Please!!!!!" thread??

Wud "get serious"

MommC I was trying to be serious but obviously I read the posts incorrectly about a Ms. DR1 Contest, I didnt realize it was going to be a contest of the posters. But one must admit Belicia is a beauty.

If I was really trying to be funny I would have posted something like this link.

NO NO NO. I cannot even leave the link in, it is too funny, and really embarassing, so editing I go,

Last edited:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Nah....that's not ugly!

That's just seriously overweight! Look at the nose and the eyes and the facial bone structure. Now get rid of about 300lbs and you'll have a very "pretty" person.....
Now go give me an idea on the DR1 Ambassador thread!!

Too late "Wud".... I got there before the edit!!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
MommC....

Lets just keep this to email. I have a good idea who can get involved and offer constructive help.

Anyone that wants to offer serious help, feel free to email me at robert@dr1.com

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.