learning spanish

angie_fay

Mar 27, 2002
I would like to come to the Dominican Republic to learn Spanish this summer for a few weeks. Does anyone know of some programs I can enroll in? I don't need college credit, and would like a place not too expensive. Thanks!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Where will you be located. There is an excellent Spanish school in Sosua, with most students from Canada and Europe. Don't know whether their fees are within your budget. They have classes and private instruction. Students are screened into the classes on basis of present competency.

T

TiberiusMineola

Decide where you intend to live

You should make a decision where you intend to live. Santo Dominog has at least 2 Learn Spanish schools; Santiago probably has a few. Puerto Plata has 1 I know of. sosua has 1, but reputed to be quite expensive. Once you decide where you intend to live, I think that more permanent residents can help you. Good fortune.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The Sosua branch of The Instituto Intercultural del Caribe, described in the Dominican Republic section of above link, is the program that I was speaking about in my earlier post.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The PUCMM in Santiago has a Spanish for Foreigners program that you could participate in:www.pucmmsti.edu.do

Their Summer programs start in Middle to late May, I believe. Living is quite inexpensive and the course is pretty much Total Immersion(?)

Good luck,
HB

D

dianepellerin

I have students coming in the summer in a typical village and there is a Dominican teacher who teaches very chezp: 50 pesos per hour. For info, please contact me: dianepellerin@yahoo.com