Post Thanks / Like

Smile learning spanish

I would like to come to the Dominican Republic to learn Spanish this summer for a few weeks. Does anyone know of some programs I can enroll in? I don't need college credit, and would like a place not too expensive. Thanks!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Where will you be located. There is an excellent Spanish school in Sosua, with most students from Canada and Europe. Don't know whether their fees are within your budget. They have classes and private instruction. Students are screened into the classes on basis of present competency.

TiberiusMineola

Default Decide where you intend to live

You should make a decision where you intend to live. Santo Dominog has at least 2 Learn Spanish schools; Santiago probably has a few. Puerto Plata has 1 I know of. sosua has 1, but reputed to be quite expensive. Once you decide where you intend to live, I think that more permanent residents can help you. Good fortune.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

checkthis site.

http://www.nrcsa.com/

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The Sosua branch of The Instituto Intercultural del Caribe, described in the Dominican Republic section of above link, is the program that I was speaking about in my earlier post.

Post Thanks / Like

The PUCMM in Santiago has a Spanish for Foreigners program that you could participate in:www.pucmmsti.edu.do

Their Summer programs start in Middle to late May, I believe. Living is quite inexpensive and the course is pretty much Total Immersion(?)

Good luck,
    HB

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Individual Spanish Course in Santo Domingo

I can offer you a custom made program to learn Castellano (High Spanish, not the local Spanish) taught to you individually in accordance with your needs and desires.
    For your information: http://www.olealsbart.sweet17.de/
    Please do not hesitate to ask any questions thereto.
    Last edited by hansbert; 04-02-2002 at 03:52 PM.

dianepellerin

I have students coming in the summer in a typical village and there is a Dominican teacher who teaches very chezp: 50 pesos per hour. For info, please contact me: [email protected]