Condolences

eric

Feb 13, 2002
to Great Britian on the passing of the Queen.She will be missed greatly.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Condolences, Passing of Queen Mum

To friends in Britain and to the Royals our sympathy for the passing of the Queen Mum. PJT and Family

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The Queen Mum had some inning!

She was born in 1900! Can you imagine what was in her brain? The images of two world wars, the Russian Revoilution where her cousins were killed? The Great Depression? The rise and fall of fascism?....A truly wonderful person, cast into a role she probably never really wanted...

Adieu Queen Mum!

HB

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
We should

name a street after this wonderful lady instead of naming our streets after chopos.

Just think about the influence of Britain and its citizens on our tourism and trade. Think about his. We have a street named after Romulo Betancourt, a nobody of a president from Venezuela, who like all Venezuelan Presidents like to meddle in our country, and he made the mistake of fooling around with "El Jefe". So Trujillo bombed his ass in Caracas.

So after Trujillo died, the bastards who govern our nation today named one of the most important streets for this coward and nobody, who never did a thing for Venezuela. He was such a coward he did not even dare to retaliate and fight back, except cry at the OAS, who condemned Trujillo. But Trujillo challenged him. He was not match for our Jefe.

So why not honor a true lady.

TW

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"The Royals"

The Royal family,and the Queen in particular,"Rallied" the "British Empire" during WWII ! The "Queen" was in the Palace when it was bombed.Her fellow "Londoners" felt that if "She" could take the bombing so could they! Economic studies show that the "Royal Family"contribute more to the economy than they "cost"! Tourism and all,you know! They do more than "American Royalty";(Rock Stars,Ball Players,Hollywood Actors)CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Last edited:

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Re: "The Royals"

Criss Colon said:
The Royal family,and the Queen in particular,"Rallied" the "British Empire" during WWII ! The "Queen" was in the Palace when it was bombed.Her fellow "Londoners" felt that if "She" could take the bombing so could they! Economic studies show that the "Royal Family"contribute more to the economy than they "cost"! Tourism and all,you know! They do more than "American Royalty";(Rock Stars,Ball Players,Hollywood Actors)CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Isaac Green

Jan 28, 2002
While I feel sorry for any one who dies I must say " "

The passing of Elizabeth Regina Consort is of course a very sad thing however I must say that
the Royals have been the cause of a many people
dying, being in slaved and the stealing of many national treasures.

So what is so great about a band of thieves
these people could have been a moral conscience
for the nation but instead decided to continue on
being "we are not amused" as Africa was in slaved
while India was looted, and while the rest of the
world that was under British control struggled for
there freedom, I think about how many countries were robbed in the name of our Queen.

Anybody from India or Pakistan or some other former colony care to comment?

If you consider the above statements an indication
of high moral correctness I guess than she was a great lady.

Also as countless African land owners were being forced off their land and while the Great Empire
was stealing its way to greater fortunes the
Queen Mum too remained in the Palace "to show that
if the Royals can steal a fortune so too can the
rest of the English that desire to.

I'm sure Im going to get some heat on this one.

However that lady had the oppurtunity and the
stage on which to make great change, but from what I see she did precious little to change the suffering of people around the world that the Brits had caused so much pain to.

Before some diehard royalist jumps in "yes I am
quite aware that the current batch of royals
are limited to stricly be constitutional monarchs".

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Anybody remember Rhodesia???

Called Zimbabwe now!(Can I spellcheck or what!!??)The English take an African Tribal area,develope a Rich agricultural country,the envy of all of Africa(Key word "Envy"here!)The "Inmates" take over the "Asyum",call it Zimbabwe,kill all the people who built the country,(Who just "Happen" to be white)and looky looky what do we have now?A complete and utter disaster.The whole world condems "Roberto Mugabe"! Isaac hop on a plane to Africa if you really want a vacation in "Praiso"!Get back to your "roots"! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCcccCCccccccccccccCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

Isaac Green

Jan 28, 2002
Clon you miss the point.

If the Africans decide that they want to destroy their country than they should have the right
to do what they wish, the current situation I believe you will find is that many a white
farmer in South Afica and in Zimbabwe are being run off by gangs encouraged by the gov't. If their
ancestors originally stole the land in the first
place is this not poetic justice.

The point about the Royal is that she could have done far more to ease the pain and suffering that her so-called empire caused around the world.

Your point about Zimbabwe neglects to mention
the British enslavement and forced labor of the
people oh I forgot I wouldn't want to offend your
English sensibilities.

Lord Christopher of Girth, and Earl of Sloath.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"It,s my country,I,ll destroy it if I want to!!!!

Your first sentence shows that the "Apple" doesn,t fall far from the tree,even after 200 years!Wow! what a great Philosophy! Sounds familiar.......I got it! Thats what the Haitians did!!!,and continue to do!!!!(Isaac will now tell us that it,s the fault of the French,"Slave Masters"!,or the "English Slave Masters,or the "Spanish Slave Masters",or worst of all,the "American Slave Masters"!,anybody but the "Descendants of those slaves)I don,t blame the Dutch cause "Shell Oil" charges too much for gas,so I can,t get a real job..........I blame "Me" for what happens to "Me"!Get the point," Mon ami Verd" Criss CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCccccccccccccccccccccc

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
How much longer am I going to have to pay for my fore fathers sins? Some people do a great job of keeping themselves down and wallowing in their own self pity. Get your head out of the past and take a good look at the future because it looks like it's already passing you by...

The Queen Mum could have done a million things, yak, yak, yak... Bottom line, she worked tirelessly and brought joy and happiness to thousands of people, what have you done lately?

eric

Feb 13, 2002
Isaac

You are upset that the British had an empire,and colonized the world.The worlds history is full of people building empires and fighting over land.The British didn't do anything that had not been done many times over since the world started spinning.I think a debt of gratitude is owed the brits over more recent history.In 1940 after the fall of France,Britain could have just walked away from the war.They could have left Europe in nazi hands.If the Germans only had to fight on one front the outcome of the war could have been very different.Britain hung in there and absorbed a great deal of punishment in the process.Her commitment never wavered.So lets not be so harsh on Great Britain.In the end the Brits relinquished thier empire.I'm sure if they wanted to be hardasses about it,they could have clamped down and kept thier empire.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Darn Rob! You finally put everything into perspective. I could have said just that. If we want to blame everything on someone the list goes back 20,000 years. Like the Brits can blame their problems on the Vikings, the Romans, the French, the Germans, the Spanish, the Americans (or should we say the separatist rebels from the American colony?) and just about anybody. No country's past is clean, and history books make a good job of "concealing" certain things. Point is: learn from the past, and then live the present. Do something NOW!

Excuse me while I go and blame all my problems on the Spaniards, the French, the Haitians, the Americans... and the Dutch for that matter.

BTW, I am waiting for Sir Elton John to re-release "Candle in the Wind". :D

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
The British Empire

The British empire was the greatest empire ever known to human kind and probably ever will be. It spanned across the entire World incorporating almost half of its population and 1/6 the of it's land mass for over 300 years. Controlling the Worlds seas and oceans British colonialism introduced social order and prosperity where ever it was established. Take a look now at the legacy the Empire left. English is spoken in every country in the World. It is the language of international trade and business. The modern most influential countries of the World all have a history of British occupancy. Take the present No. 1 the USA, Canada, Australia, India (the largest democracy in the World), South Africa( the most advanced African nation) and many many more.. Look at the Latin American countries once occupied by the spanish. They are characterized by corruption and poverty.

Slavery was actually first abolished by the British Parliament in 1833, well before most other European nations. Anyway slavery existed in Africa before the Colonial period. Just look at the Egyptians. Who actually built the pyramids? Slaves.

Some might say that the British plundered the nations they conquered but if you analyze the whole picture you will see that they contributed far more than they ever took out. They built up the infrastructures of so many countries. Setting up their governmental & legal systems, establishing their transportation networks and introducing industries. Remember England is the home of the Industrial Revolution and it is through the Empire that Industry was introduced to the World.

The British monarchy played a small role in actually establishing the empire as it had lost most of it's executive power by that stage. But it represented a symbolic head that has given it's name to part of this era, the Victorian age. So you can't blame the British monarchy for any good or bad of the Empire as they were not the decision makers. The queen mother was a sweet lady who never did any harm to anyone and fulfilled her responsibilities to the full and for that reason was very much liked by all who knew her.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Drake, that brought a tear to my eye!

That reminds me, I have to make sure I book my ticket so I'm back in England for the world cup (football). Yes, that also brings a tear to my eye...

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
on one hand...then the other

On one hand we tell Isaac to "Get your head out of the past and take a good look at the future", and then on the other hand the same people demand that we genuflect to the passing royalty. although I actually shed a tear when P.M. Tony Blair sat in the US congress for Bush's speech, and I will never forget what the Brits are doing to help with the war on terror, and i am also thankful for the Indsutrial revolution, (run on sentence) I dont think we have to shed any more tears for Queen Mum than for any other good person who passes away. The British royalty has more than outlived its usefulness and its import......so ...get over it, people....the Family is just there to feed the ravenous English tabloid newspapers.