From Santiago to Punta Cana

santiagera

Mar 8, 2002
Hello all,

will be traveling in August from Santiago to Punta Cana and I need to find out the best way possible to get there. Does Caribe Tours or Metro service this area? -- any info/suggestion will be appreciated.

MUCH THANKS!!!

Hola,
Estare viajando desde Santiago a Punta Cana en Agosto y necesito saber la mejor forma de llegar. Caribe Tours o Metro tiene viajes a esta area? -- cualquier informacion/sugerencia sera bienvenida.

MUCHAS GRACIAS!!!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Prepare for a long day of travel. Take a morning Metro or Caribe Tours bus into Santo Domingo (two hour trip). The Metro bus cost is RD$95 and leaves on the hour. From there take a taxi (about RD$60) to grab the 4 pm Sitrabapu bus to Bavaro (four hour trip). The Sitrabapu bus costs RD$120. Tel. 686-0637. The taxi from the Bavaro bus station to your hotel will cost about the same as the rest of the trip, about RD$300.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
There is another way...

Take the public bus from Santiago to Park Enriquillo in tha Capital. From there you can change to the bus to Higuey. In Higuey transfer to the bus to Bavaro. This is a long trip as D mentioned but I believe if you eliminate the taxis it is more attractive. Isnt there a flight from Santiago to Punta Cana. If so I would do it that way.

santiagera

Mar 8, 2002
thanks so much for all your help - I will make this trip into a 2-day adventure by staying overnight in the capital and from there I will travel to Punta Cana.

...rasilm, will definately keep your email address - hey, you never know!

One more question, any comments on Princess Bavaro Hotel?

Thanks again.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
I believe that is the former Melia Bavaro. Lovely hotel when it was the Melia . Should be equally nice today. Large rooms, low density. All sprawled out.