From Puerto Plata To Playa Grande Golf Couse

gbelcher

Mar 29, 2002
CAN ANYONE GIVE ME AN IDEA OF HOW LONG A DRIVE IT IS FROM PUERTO PLATA, SPECIFICALLY COSTAMBAR, TO THE PLAYA GRANDE GOLF COURSE LOCATED IN THE RIO SAN JUAN PROVINCE?
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP.
JERRY

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Are YOU driving or going by Dominican Taxi???? If you are driving (& sensibly) you are looking at about 1 1/2 hours from Costambar. If you go by taxi from the rank in Costambar, the traxi driver will probably take only an hour - 1 1/4 hours.

Good Luck & enjoy the golf!!
By the way, played Costambar course today - it's diabolical!!! RD $175 for nine holes where every bit of the fairway is G.U.R.!!! Actually, so are the greens!!

Pay my green fees for me at Playa Grande & I might be tempted to drive you down myself!! Even pick you up from Villas Jasmine I would!! Now that's a good deal isn't it Hillbilly??? Grahame Bush.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
i am sure that jerry has no idea just how good a deal that is Grahame! Especially, since you are a member at POP Golf club.

If you can hook up on a Friday or Saturday, let me know and I'll try again to make it up there for a round...

HB

Oh yes, there are buses that go out that way but it would be a half-day trip by bus. Do take up Grahame on his offer, since he will spend more on gas than you will on his green fees, since local and POP golfers have a very special price there...Just one more of the benefits of living here...

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hey HB, who & what do you know that I ought to know???? I am only an associate member at Playa Dorada (paid someone to do me a deal etc. etc.) so can't claim the full privalidges of a full member. I would have to pay RD $1,200 or so for green fees I am told. Do you have a GOOD contact or information for me so that I can get that figure reduced? I have got some snowbirds down in a couple of weeks & would love to join them at Playa Grande!! Haven't played there yet & am desperate to see all it's fine scenery, hazards etc. - Grahame.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Grahame: As i understand it, the members-any kind- of POP G.C. are allowed to play Playa Grande for about $300., plus cart & caddy...

This is what my son told me. he is at POP today pllaying in that tournament there...Mayvbe you can see him-Marco is the name and Mo?o?o is his nickname.

HB