clothing

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Dress code for DR

If you are a tourist and look like one, you are allowed to wear almost anything. Dominican men do not wear bermudas unless they plan to visit Najayo Prison, where they are required, or plan to hold up people in the streets, thus needing ample maneuvering room in their legs for escaping.

But tourist men can wear bermudas all day long till the dinner our and even for dinner at the buffet line. What Dominican call poloshirts, can be worn by tourists, sandals, even barefoot.

There is no protocol when it comes to dresswear for tourists. They wear the most outrageous tatoos, earrings all over, including their tongues, and nobody cares.

But, let a Dominican do it and you will see criticism even from those who have travelled abroad.

A Dominican who rides a bycicle is the worst kind of poor jerk you can find. A tourist riding a bycicle is upper class chic.

A Dominican driving a passola is a sweaty, stinky chopo, and in many cases a thief looking to pull a gold chain from an unsuspected victim. Whenever I walk and hear a passola or motorcycle passing by, I have my eyes open.

But a tourist driving a passola is very fashionable.

Tourists got it made. You can look like idiots, and yet you look chic.
You can dye your hair any color you want. Women can wear blue lipstick and black polished nails. So what? They look great!!!

Let a Dominican girl do that, and she's a hooker or a satanic cult member.

TW

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Oh I forgot!

A Dominican who walks on the streets can be assumed to have no cab fare, or be broke, or has just lost his or her job and is suspected of being a nobody.

To walk the streets of Santo Domingo, a Dominican has to buy the latest designer jogging wear and sneakers and walk like you are exercising. Otherwise, you got problems.

Everytime I am seeing walking around my neighborhood, some people have made comments like....I saw you walking around. Did you lose your job? Are you having economic problems?
That's Dominican culture.

A tourist can walk the entire city of Santo Domingo and hardly anyone will notice. It is absolutely chic for tourists to walk around and look lost.

TW

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Depends on your man?

Just tell us where his family lives.(I now know from your other post)If your husband(Not until the 27th.) will be dressing like a Dominican Jork from Washington Heights(6 gold chains,a New York Knicks basketball jersey,a baseball hat on upside down,and backwards,and sun-glasses,day & night)you can dress just like him!...,If not, I suggest "conservative",rather than "sexy"!Don,t give the relatives any "ammunition" to use against you,especially after you leave.Loose fitting shorts and pants,rather than "skin-tight"!No "cleavage". Don,t worry about your "dress" to much.The little "Princess" will be getting all the attention anyway!Criss

Last edited:

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Good question!!!!

If you are an American woman and you married a Dominican and have his child.....wellllllllllllllll.....

If he is a chopo, you got problems. You are no longer a tourist. You are now considered a poor American who could find nothing better to marry. You will be catalogued as being desperate, or at best had bad taste. You will be a curiosity for everyone and everyone will talk behind your back. For him they will say, look at him, he's got this American woman to appear as if he is really cool and a big macho man, but she's a nobody, an easy pick. For the woman, they will say...look at her, she's probably a waitress or a cleaning lady back in her country. It is damn if you do damn if you don't.

If he is a professional and well to do man, they may check into the woman's background to see if he picked well.

The most obvious criticism comes when foreigners get into mixed marriages. While Dominicans may be forgiven for mixed marriages, foreigners would always face gossip and critics. Especially bad news is for white women marrying black men. men are easily forgiven, although not exempt from curious comments. Others will talk about older men or women marrying younger Dominicans, mostly for money reasons. Germans are said to be gun-ho for the ugliest Dominican black women. Some of the women seen with Germans are so ugly, destitute and raggedy they may be confused with homeless women sleeping in an alley. Most are or were hookers. But these men are inmune to critics. They proudly show their conquest in all public places without shame.

TW

Sli

Mar 25, 2002
justakid said:
Did anyone find anything about the dress in the dominican Republic?

Getting back to the subject.

Jessica's thread is in Living.

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Germans in DR

I noticed lots of german men in Sosua are
big time chopo alcoholics from proletarian background especially the expats.
Moreover most of those are on the run from the law
for all kinds of illegal activities back home.
But that still doesn't explain why they would
hang out with ugly chicks. X

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Italians are not so far behind in the ugly woman marriage race. I have yet to see an italian man with a decent looking dominican female. Most italians that I knew in puerto plata were either living with or married to the ugliest black hooker you could find in a whore house. Many had childrens from them and walked around hand in hand to proudly exhibit their prize in public. When these italian or german men went to visit their families in their own respective countries, their women went back to their old tricks; playa dorada, in search for quick gringo action.
On the other hand, i did see one canadian woman married to a decent, from well-to-do family, white medical doctor from this country. This is the only white foreign woman that I know of who married a white dominican male, the rest seem to find the blackest of the black sankie from the hotel district or a complete loser from the streets. This easter holiday, i had seen many white women, beautiful and young, in arms of their sankies ( kinky haired black uneducated male); proudly showing off their catch as he is some prince from zulu land. These girls don't know that these sankies are with different girls every week. Then the same sankies proudly tell about their sexual experiences to all of their work mates, thus making the girl look like a slut. All the staff laugh behind the girl as she regularly sends him faxes and phone calls, not to mention gifts via their visiting friends.
How do you think these guys can walk around in ralph laurent shirts costing over 80 dollars a piece with their 200 / month salery?
Then i see girls on this website asking for advice on their sankies. Come on girls, wake up and get a life.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
AZB

Don't make me laugh so hard. This is dangerous for my health!!

Have you ever seen any oriental gals or guys with sankies? I have yet to see one.

TW

Sli

Mar 25, 2002
Golo

Please enlighten me on what you mean by that?

"Have you ever seen any oriental gals or guys with sankies? I have yet to see one."

Star

Apr 2, 2002
Go to Cabarete. There are a few orientals girls that date the Sankies from Las Brisas. LOL

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Asians are racist in the original meaning of the word. Why do you think they
ALL have black hair?

Could it be that those Germans and Italiens see the inner beauty of those
ugly chickas? I'm not sure. X

Sli

Mar 25, 2002
Wait a minute...you just did not say that.

Have you ever meet a an asian person before? Even had a conversation with one? I believe that asians are the most excepting to other cultures.

I hope your racist comment is not coming from one experience or what people have told you.

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Sli, The comunity I live in is 30% asian. The people I work with are 70% asian.
My circle of friends is pretty asian too. I know what I'm talking about.
Regards X

Fred

Feb 20, 2002
Asian Racism

I agree Asians are the most racist people on the planet. I live in Toronto where we have over 600,000 Asians, I worked for an electronics company were the employees were predominantly Asian, the controller would not show me anything, but was secretly training an Asian woman newly arrived in Toronto, eventually she took over my job. He did not want to work with anyone who was not Asian, the person before her, also Asian.

Asians have a notorious distain for black people.

Sli

Mar 25, 2002
X-man, Fred & everyone

Ok...a lot of the times when asian come straight from there homeland they are exposed to a culture shock and with any race that comes to a country like Canada. And a lot of times many congregate where there race is most populated and with any area in the world. They feel safe and excepted. Many of them also come to a country alone.

I don't disagree with some of what your saying but you can't believe ever asian, black, hispanic, white etc... are the same, it would be a sterotypical thing to say. And thats how racisms is created because people are so ignorante.

Going to school with so many different backgrounds has probably taught me so much and to not to judge people on what's on TV. I am greatful to have friends in many areas around the world they to have taught me so much. Maybe if people could open there eyes they can learn a little before being judge. Next time try asking them a guestion instead of sitting back and watching.

clark

Mar 25, 2002
AZB

Can you really say that all the guys from the Hotels are uneducated black sankies.
Who use white girls, They cant all be the same.
And as for being uneducated, They can Dance well, and this is a beautiful talent.
Being a dancer myself I know how difficult it is the be a trained dancer, so even if
they are uneducated, doesn't mean to say they have nothing going for them.
Just because a white girl is with a Dominican male, doesn't mean she desperate either.
Most English blokes having got much to offer.

Mar 21, 2002
TW and AZB me estan matando

HAHAHAHA everything you have said is the complete truth. It's so funny. Why do these half decent German, Italian men and women do this? They look like such buffons? Are they terminally ill or HIV infected that they can't get anything else? Man o man I just don't understand it.

Please explain. WHY??

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I don't always agree with x_man but he's right this time. Maybe they see something beyond looks. For all of you that think your perfect, look in the mirror. Beauty is only skin deep and doesn't last forever. When that's gone what kind of person do you have? I have met the most wonderfull people that are no hunks. This knowledge comes with age. But not to everyone.