Nice to Meet you all, guys

Salomon

Apr 4, 2002
I was Born in the US and raced in DR. When I was done with High school I moved back to the US to obtain a college degree from LIU Southampton. Graduated and stayed working and living on my own here in the US. I have finally decided it is time to go back home to my family. I work Downtown, NYC, about 3 blocks from the WTC and after Sept 11 attack I feel it is not worth giving so much to these companies.

Every year I visit DR about 2 or 3 time a year. To tell you the truth I am really afraid of doing this change. One thing I am afraid off is that I will again become this girl who once upon a time couldn?t do anything on her own. Or that to be accepted I had to drive the best cars or have the best clothing. Here in America I learned not to care about those things anymore, which makes me afraid of not fitting in DR anymore. In the DR there is just so much Social dilemma. Like who cares who is who! I knew a man who worked at one of the Towers who literally made millions of dollars a year and he died with absolutely no dignity, while on the other hand I know a young lady who happens to work for my mom?s friend as a housekeeper; who is two years away from graduating from Medical School if everything goes well. To tell you the truth, I am equally pleased to have met both of these human beings.

Well, the bottom line is that May 1st I will again become a resident of DR. I will live with my parents again. (I just hope I don?t have to say where I am going all the time). I bought a car already?(It is a 1993 Hyundai: I just hope it gets me where I an going? as I think it will because it is already paid for in full)? As for a Job?Well!!! If I made it in NY as a Hispanic woman of color, I don?t think I really need to know anybody to get a good job anywhere else in the world? as a good job is just a state of mind.

Hope to keep talking to you all?and who knows, maybe we will have a chance to meet?
Cheers,
Millie

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Don,t worry,be happy!

Even if you can,t find a job,this is the best place in the world to be "Un-Employed"!You can go to the beach everyday(Almost everyday)Drink Presidente,eat "chicharrrrrrrrrrones",dance ,eat Sunday dinner with your family.The only problem I see for a young ,US educated woman such as you is,finding a "soul-mate" here in the Dominican republic. Lots of men will want you to take care of them!While they play dominoes and chase "Jovencitas" You can work at a nice job all day! Good Luck! Criss

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Soulmate?
Milli meet Isaac Green, he has been looking for a woman like you all his life.
Good luck.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"AZB" you shoud be ashamed!

To suggest that this well spoken young woman would want anything to to with Isaac "Spleen"!He is an old man! Criss

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Salomon, you sound like a REAL person. You have learned what is important in life. The best of luck to you.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Salomon

You had me confused for a while. I thought you were a guy. I almost said to my self....this guy is in trouble!!!! Change that name.

But, no. You are a woman. Women have few problems with status stuff. It is us men who have a problem with the things you mentioned. Men are expected to drive a good car compatible with the neighborhood you live in, or else you are a nobody.(Como dicen aqui...uno mas del monton). There are many other taboos for men.

But from what you describe you ought to be very desirable in D.R.

On the other hand, be wary of the fact that Dominican women are very competitive and as a general rule faithful students of Niccolo Machiavelli.

TW

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
No sweat there Milly, you will have a ball.

Just be yourself and you will enjoy your life here to the fullest.

all the best,

HB

Be sure and post here when you are settled in, okey?, so we know what's up??