Transportation from Las Americas Airport

RJK

Apr 4, 2002
Hi! We're going to be staying at a resort in Juan Dolio and will be arriving at Las Americas airport. Does anyone know of trustworthy transportation that we can hire ahead of time? I don't just want to arrive at the airport and have to pick from people that I don't know. Thanks for your help!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Airport taxis are very trustworthy. They are part of a union that self-regulates itself. People work hard to keep their posts. I would just pick up a taxi at the airport. The fare is RD$400, about US$23. Change your dollars at the airport upon arrival.

Daybee

Feb 28, 2002
Taxi

You should contact Raphael at r.silva@codetel.net.do

We use him every time we come to the DR. He's Honest and reliable and you can book him in advance. He will be waiting at the airport with a board with your name on it. What could be better?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Just a little thing: Don't change all of your dollars at the airport, since they give you a very low rate. When you get to Juan Dolio you will see exchange banks which give a higher rate. Never, ever change money on the street, no matter what rate they offer you!

have a good time....

Hb

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
Not true about changing money at the airport. I got 17.4 at the Santo Domingo Las Americas airport yesterday. That was a decent rate and nobody can expect to do better at the tourist cambios save +/- a tenth of a peso or so. Where do you get your information about the airport cambios, as this is the second time you posted this.

qjack

Mar 9, 2002
transportion to & from S D air terminal

why have they blocked motor bikes from the air port. i had to go there to correct a ticket & found no reasonable transportion to the short trip to las America road from the terminal. only expensive taxi were available. this is unreasonable. there is no public bus to the port, the buses only stop two miles from the port. this the only terminal that i know of that has no cheap public connection to port.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
$17.40 is a pretty good rate

The best I did on my recent trip was $17.45. I was changing some at $17.35. So Jim is correct. I have heard of some rates approaching 18 however I believe you need to change alot to receive this. I do not however change any money in the street.

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
The cambios in Boca Chica yesterday were giving the average tourist RD$17.3 to US$1, so 17.4 at the airport was actually BETTER than the local cambios.

Sandra

Mar 15, 2002
Transportation

Hello,

I have a wonderful person that I use (I travel to the DR every 3 months for business) and also refer people to as well.

If you are interested, please feel free to contact me at Funlocations@yahoo.com.