CableTV Program Schedules Change Tonight

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Tomorrow (Sunday) residents of the DR will find a significant change in program schedules on cable TV. That's because daylight savings time returns to the US at 2am tonight Eastern time. Programs you have been accustomed to watching at one hour since late October, 2001, will be an hour earlier in the Dominican Republic since both eastern US and the DR will be on the same time schedule. This will continue until October 27 when the US "falls back" one hour to daylight savings time.

In the US, changing the clocks at 2 am to 3am Eastern time, means there is the "loss" of one hour. I can recall that when the DR had a failed experiment with daylight savings time in 2000 that one of the questions that worried many Dominicans was where did the extra hour come from (when they "fell back") and where the lost hour would go when they "sprang ahead".

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
..and I love it!

I can now watch the 11 pm news at 11 PM!I get an hour more sleep.Maybe I won,t be such a"Grouch" on DR1!"Yeah Right!" CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Oh man, am I with you on this one Criss!

Now the freakin'world makes a little sense!!

HB

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Good News

....no more having to answer endless questions from my better half about why this program is on now(9 pm), when "they" said it will be on 8 pm.

Now, it will be:

"Why are they showing this movie at 10 pm, rather than 7 pm?"

"Querida, it depends, where the cable co is getting the signal from. It's the west coast programing and something to do with avoiding conflicts with Spanish language programming."

"What does the west coast have to do with the programming? This country does not have a west coast?"

Time for a Presidente.

Regards, PJT