teaching in the DR

lostteacher

Apr 7, 2002
Can anyone out there help me? I am considering teaching in Santo Domingo - really excited! I also have a husband and a three year old daughter. My concern is taking my daughter. Her health and safety are my number 1 concern. Any insight?
Thx

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yeah. First do an archive search on teaching here. Then get a job here (also in the archive search).

Unless you are extremely careless with your baby, you should have no problems with her. None. Find your pediatrician, get the usual shots, keep her dry and clean. Simple stuff really...

Is hubby going to work???

HB

lostteacher

Apr 7, 2002
Thanks for the tip! Yes my hubby can work as well. I have been in contact with a school there who would also have a job for him! It sounds great but I am hesitant. I need more info!

Sandra

Mar 15, 2002
I think what you are doing is great. The DR can use the help with education. As for your daughter, she will be fine. It will be a wonderful experience for her as well.

Melissa

Apr 10, 2002
I need help as well!!!

It's nice to see that there are a lot of people wanting to go to the Dominican. I live in Montreal and am looking to teach as well. I have a TESOL certificate and an Associate Degree. I've applied all over the island although I am sure I missed many schools. If you have any suggestions I would love to get any help I can. Thank you for your understanding.

armin

Jan 8, 2002
There are many Institutes in S.D

It's easy ! just go to one of the many institutes that there is like the biggest one in Santo domingo is Dominicos/Americano and Boston institute, ++ many more, just show up at one of them and take a simple 2 hours exam and they will let you know.++ They are always looking for foregin english teachers, so it wouldent be hard.
Good luck.
i failed my exam was 3 points short. :(