just got back and some thoughts...

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Had a flight for Friday night. Got bumped and AA gave me a 400 travel voucher and RT cab fare to a place in Playa Dorada in Puerto Plata for the night. Went back on Saturday and got bumped again and AA gave me Rt Cab and a night at Piergeorgio in Sosua. Went back on Sunday and almost got bumped again.

They put me on the plane kicking and screaming. I made this trip on Freq Flyer miles and I think I will even get milage for the return. Just booked another flight on FF miles for Christmas Morning at 6:45 am and will be there till Jan 6th.

FWIW Playa Dorada wasnt so great and Piergeorgio has to be the classyest place in Sosua. Hell it even had a bidet in the bathroom. Couldn't figure out what to do with it so I will leave it to AZB to tell me what he does with them.

Man I thought I was going to make a cottage industry out of bumping and grinding for a while.

I went to Santo Domingo for one day to get my Residency. Well I got it done in ONE DAY. Good attorney had me all taken care of. You can now call me "Escott" instead of Scott from now on! lol

I was going to try and hook up with that 400 lbs Gorilla for lunch but wouldnt you know it when I got all done they left out one letter in my name and I had to wait for it to get corrected and the laminating machine broke and it took 2 hours:)

The Dominican women were beautiful. I fell in love so many times I stopped counting. Oh what a life.

Weather was perfect the whole time I was there, didn't even rain for 5 minutes. I am going to post this in the travel section also in case anyone is interested in my drivel.

Regards
Escott (my new Dominican name)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
LOL...Don't you know what you do with a bidet? It's a foot washer. You wash your feet in it.
I sold Real Estate for 14 years and the funniest use I saw was a planter. Yes really nice plants. What a great idea, very easy to water.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
The 180 lb Bushbaby in Puerto Plata missed seeing you too!! Glad things worked out with Alberto & thanks for giving him the paper stuff from Stuart. I'll keep checking on Alberto to ensure everything is safe there for you (I'm sure it will be but it is always nice to have a back up check system!!).

Glad to hear the Residencia went well, I was concerned when I heard of the part for the laminating machine having to come from Italy!! Hopefully the Residencia for our Saudi Arabia friend will be ready today too!! Regards - Grahame.

Hey Anna Coniglio - The bidet was desigend for dwarfs & leprecauns as their DRINKING FOUNTAIN not as a foot washer!!!

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
When we were kids, we just couldn't figure it out. But if you opened the faucet all the way, the water hit the ceiling and came splashing down all around.
I'm afraid some plaster work was necessary after we moved out.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Jazzcom

I hope Salomon and Isaac Green read your post. Here is another example of another foreigner who does not give a damn about what they think back in America, because he is now here enjoying his residence and the permanent sun. Who cares about the exchange rate?

By the way, the bidet will save on you toilet paper consumption.

TW

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I've had a great day so I won't be too pissed you didn't call!

can you imagine two loud and fat americanos??

See youse in December???

HB, all pink today!!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Re: Jazzcom

golo said:
I hope Salomon and Isaac Green read your post. Here is another example of another foreigner who does not give a damn about what they think back in America, because he is now here enjoying his residence and the permanent sun. Who cares about the exchange rate?

By the way, the bidet will save on you toilet paper consumption.

TW

Hey, I care about the exchange rate. I hope it doesnt fall any more than 6% to the dollar per year. If it does I actually still make money every year on my dollar investments but... Oh who cares.

Golo, write this on your shirtsleeve and remember who told it to you to use in the future.

"Money is only important to those that don't have it"

It is completely unimportant to me for the most part and rarely even think about it except to protect myself and way of life.

To change the subject a bit, I wonder if Real Estate historically keeps up with the rate of interest I get in Certificates in the DR? From my research it does NOT. I am in the Real Estate Business in the states and currently liquidating and had thought of doing what I do best in the DR. So far I am disinclined to invest in anything else but a kick ass building lot for myself.

Thoughts?

Regards

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
LOL...Don't you know what you do with a bidet? It's a foot washer. You wash your feet in it.
I sold Real Estate for 14 years and the funniest use I saw was a planter. Yes really nice plants. What a great idea, very easy to water.

Hey Anna, where did you sell Real Estate? Man I love real estate and love to even talk about it. Would love to learn more about it in the DR. Maybe I have to stay with Golo for a few days!:)

Regards

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Hillbilly said:
I've had a great day so I won't be too pissed you didn't call!

can you imagine two loud and fat americanos??

See youse in December???

HB, all pink today!!

Lets set up a dinner in Puerto Plata one day after Christmas or maybe even Santiago if BushBaby will go. I would love to sit and talk with you and a bunch of the others here from the upper left.

Regards

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
the 26th is our anniversary, and it is possible that we can do it in POP as part of our celebration..

Hb

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Bushbaby should be able to make it with his "Better Half" too. How about the new Mexican place or would you prefer the more romantic "Blue Marlin"?

Hey HB, isn't the day before your Birthday too? 25th December OUGHT to be your birthday!!!! Have a nice one & hope to see you on the course soon. Jonny is working on his cousin at Playa Grande on my behalf - I should be able to get something organised soon with my Canadian friends being down next week. Can you join us 1 afternoon at Playa Dorada?? Normal Tee off time is 3.00 p.m. - Bushbaby.