marriage ceremony/divorce

Karen Jenkins

Apr 9, 2002
I work for a firm of solicitors in Northern Ireland. Our client got married in a civil ceremony in San Pedro de Macoris in 1998. We have the marriage certificate but the High Court in Northern Ireland are insisting that we obtain proof from an expert in the local law of the DR that the certificate of marriage can be accepted as prima facie that a valid marriage has taken place. All I know is that the ceremony was carried out by a Doctora Rosa M Brea De Zuleta. Is there any way you could help me, either by giving me an address where I could write to this Doctora or else contact someone who could give me an expert opinion. I would really appreciate your help as we cannot proceed with the divorce application until we have this sorted out.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
This is usually done by having a Dominican lawyer examine the document and sign an affidavit stating that it's a valid marriage certificate issued in compliance with Dominican law. If you wish our firm to do this, contact us at your convenience(fguzman@drlawyer.com). Also, the certificate itself should be been authenticated by the appropriate authorities in the Dominican Republic.