I think people here need to stop the stupid bickering!

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I love this baord but late;y it seems everyone is taking offense to everything that people say. Can't you just read the posts and realized that everyone has the rights to their own opinions and ideas without taking everything so seriously? I never say much thats offensive but this is getting soooo old all this my daddy is better than your daddy stuff. Please ....I hater clones and why try to change peoples oppinions? Just accept them as what makes this world great..everyone to what they believe and think and let them have that right without bashing everything and nit picking!
Thanks for letting me vent...Love you all...no matter where you come from, what you believe and who your daddy is!
Jan & Sniffy

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
My hero!!!

One of the very few intelligent posts I've read lately!!!

Once again, friend...Thanks!

Isaac Green

Jan 28, 2002
Thank you for a ray of hope on an otherwise bleak day.

Well with me and the clone I mean Colon all ways
at it now like cats and dogs not sure who is which at this point, however Jan I hope that I have not
in some way spoiled your DR experience.

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
well said Jan J .But then again....

something would be badly missing. Imagine everybody would just
ignore all stupid statements made. Where would be the point of this
'open' forum? Don't we all want ENTERTAINMENT here? I said it before I
personally am not much interested in facts or who is right because at close
inspection facts are just opinions too. And so is BS of all kind.
So why not mix things up a bit with some good info,fact,BS and humor?
And let the other forums take care of the really serious folks.

Anyway thanks for telling me where to find the carwash in SOSUA I had a great time there.

Regards X.

PS. I once had a dog by the name of sniffer.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
You got me confused with Jane J. ..I'm just plain ole Jan.
But I like a good arguement but somethings here are just getting a bit too personal. I like a good laugh and a good debate but here lately people have been getting very personal with their rips.
Nothing could ever spoil my DR1 experience. If it wasn't for this place I might not be living in RD and because of this place I have met some very good people and some great friends!
I just think that the very personal rips should be kept personal...maybe email them...don't know ..this is just my thought.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Sometimes I wish.....

I could stick a dunce cap on Isaac Green,Domincan Papi,Golo,AZB,Jazzcom and Criss and make them sit in the corner for an hour.......................
Then they have to go and ruin my fantasy by making a post that enlightens us all!
:D

Oh for a perfect world!

Montessorian

Apr 1, 2002
www.patriaquerida.homestead.com
I think that all the bashing on the board is unproductive.

However, I feel that "political correctness" is for the birds, and that it is about time people (in general), stand up for what they believe in.

Personally, in my life, I am sick and tired of always trying NOT to offend anyone.

P.S. Why do those who post seem so compelled to correct others grammar and spelling? Considering many people may not be native speakers of English, I feel it may be a bit inappropriate, or in bad taste to be so meticulous in a forum such as this.

When I write in Spanish I destroy the beauty of the language with my poor grammar and spelling.

eric

Feb 13, 2002
Correct Grammar

Mabey they are just standing up for what they believe,or they might be sick and tired of trying not to offend anyone.LOL!I'm sorry Montessorian,I'm bored and couldn't resist!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Actually....

It's usually when someones been tooting their own horn about their college or university education in an English language country who then proceeds to massacre the language. Or else uses such high falluting words that no one could possibly make sense out of what they're really saying!

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Jan,

for me your statements are too general. Could you name a certain case
where somebody stepped over the line by attacking somebody else personally??

When DomPapi call's CC a big fat clown I get a laugh attack that may linger
for several hours. Or when he uses expressions I've never heard before I
am delighted to learn something new to teach my african gray parrot.
(he has quite a vacabulary already)

Good evening X.

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Jan, I am so sorry people have mistaken nice you for horrible me, and I know it's not the first time...

Thank you, though, for at least saying that I was "not a bad human" a while back. It was much appreciated. (I gue-ess.)

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I like all the back and forth talking and stating views. I don't like when it gets very personal and ugly. I can pick on myself and enjoy a good debate but there is a line...don't know exactly where that line is...its a bit wavery..but its there somewhere. I love sarcasm..its my fav type of humor but don;t like to hurt with it. I admit I don't know politics and all that crap..never interesteded me. And my gramar is S**t...can't speak spanish or english very well! But its just the personal bashing! I love to laugh but not at someones expense...at least not when theyre looking!!!jejeje

lilsam

Santo Domingo Sammy
Jan 2, 2002
Jan I think its kinda like Jerry Springer everybody says how riducules and childish but everybody watches or in this case listens as thats entertainment...instead of jerry jerry jerry we could yell...
... ..... ... ... .....
insert name above of your favorite ruffen.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Jan,

If you can't stand the heat get out of the Kitchen! Nobody is forcing you to read these posts. Last time I looked this was the "open fourm". Doesn't is say that it is not fo the faint hearted?
Frankly I am growing tired of people, like you, who are always complaining about the content of these fourms. You are probobly the same kind of persn who thinks that the content of Books, TV and movies should be controlled as well.
BTW Am I the ony one who noticed that it was mainly women who agreed with Jan?

Tony C

Salomon

Apr 4, 2002
Actually..

I am a woman I don?t agree?Jan said it her self and I quote ?everyone has the rights to their own opinions and ideas without taking everything so seriously?
If some one gives their opinion in writing or out loud, there is for sure someone who will agree or disagree, and their respond will be according to how passionate they feel about someone else?s opinion, which in any case just makes it another opinion.
MS

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Tony C....

I have to defend my hero, Jan, and all women on this forum in general...

By stating that you noticed that "women are the only ones that agreed with Jan", you're proving her point!!!

That's exactly what she's talking about, some of the guys on this board when they're not attacking each other they're attacking us, but nothing constructive ever comes out of it!!!

This is in fact the Open Forum, but it's not the Free for All forum!!!

Let's try to have good productive and entertaining arguments, for God's sake!!!

There, I've said it!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Think of it like any community, people power. If you don't like someone or something then rally around and resolve it.

I'm just the guy with the funny white wig and hammer :)

It's in your hands people...

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
I agree with Musicqueen on this one. It has been said a couple times on this board that:

Tony C:
Last time I looked this was the "open fourm". Doesn't is say that it is not fo the faint hearted?

But there is a difference between the open forum and the 'pointless rude aruguing' forum. When I read that this is the open forum, I think of it as being 'open' in the sense that you can ask a question/post an idea here that does not fit in the other forum catergories, not that it is a free for all, as Musicqueen said.

And to Robert, I know that the forum content is in our hands but it is hard when some people seem to want the forum one way and another group tries to ignore it until they finally post something like Jan did and MommC did last week. But we are trying slowly but surely!