Conquest/World of Vacation Reps!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Since no response to the Punta Cana request for Sunquest et al....

Does anyone have a number for ANY Conquest or World of Vacations rep's??

They have a flight into Punta Cana on Saturday and Monday and I'd like to be on the return flight to Toronto!! :D

The $3300. price tag to go commercial means three charter trips to here for me......

Thanks for all the help so far!!!!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Yep.....

Have talked to Gerlinda &Dan. They cover this area and are full up, however for some reason they don't want to give me the # for the Punta Cana office or rep. Said they'd check for me but I prefer to call in person. You know how it goes down here....I don't have many "manana" s left!

However Conquest has a flight in this weekend with lots of sell offs on it. I'm hoping it has empty seats!

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I am sorry to hear of all your trouble finding a flight home. I have a suggestion for you to call the GWV travel rep in Jaun Dolio. Her name is Sophie and she is also Canadian . She has friends and family who travel back and forth from Canada and they also have found travel difficult since 9-11. Maybe she can give you some pointers on how and where her family have found flights. GWV sometimes has flights on Friday's and Saturday's from Punta Cana so maybe they have some seats available. The flights would go to Boston but will probrably still be cheaper than the commercial airlines. Also, Apple Vacations in Punta Cana may have something available. Sophie's office number is 809-526-1003. She may be able to give you a phone number for an Apple rep also. Good Luck!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Thanks Dulce......

Actually Sophie is a friend......she rented one of our apts. when she first came to the DR. Her parents always come to say hi when they're here.
She's in Punta Cana today and is looking up the # for the Conquest rep for us. I gotta call her back in a couple of hours.I never thought of going to Boston tho' ....it's an option for sure. I'll also ask her for the Apple rep......
Thanks a lot.......
Never had this much problem before finding a seat home....not even the year that a charter company went bankcrupt and stranded thousands on the island!!! No wonder there';s no tourists here this year....there's no flights!!!!
:D

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Man...I didn't realize there were so many ways.....

to get home.......to Canada from the island!!
Now I've got 8 phone #'s....I'm going to be an expert soon!
Anyhow back to the chase....so far all flights are full!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Mission Accomplished!!

GOT IT! Boooohoooohooo!!!
Now I gotta go home too!!

Had a seat for hubby Friday from La Romana ---only one so I was gonna stay another week or two or three!!

Leaving from JD at 6AM Sat. for Punta Cana....

Sunquest flight leaves at 11:20AM will be in Toronto by 4:20PM!!

Haven't decided if we'll stay the night in TO or just head home......
Depends on if my son is picking us up (WITH MY GRANDBABIES!) or if a friend will drive down for dinner and a night out and shopping Sunday before heading back home......

42F 6C and raining.....Yuck!!