salaries for US workers

shpider

Mar 14, 2002
I'm trying to get a concrete idea on the salaries that are available for bilingual citizens working in resorts/hotels. A friend in the US Embassy in Santo Domingo told me such a worker, a US citizen with fluency in spanish and english, could earn as much as US$3500 a month...but can I get an "amen"?
Anything any of you may know about the typical and potential wages would be greatly appreciated.
Also, are there any particular hotels that you recommend as being most likely to hire and pay well?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Trina gave you the right answer in another thread. The amount
you were quoted is more than likely in pesos not US dollars.
Edited to add..lol if hotels paid $3,500 in US dollars I would even scrub the floors for that, arthritis or no arthritis and I speak three languages.

Last edited:

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Shpider

If Bilingual Americans were getting US$3500 a month Dominicans would all start getting white skin drafts, dying their hair blonde and getting blue contacts to look like Americans.

I think even I might abandon my unemployed status and go back to work, something that I refuse to do. In fact, I rather fight Mike Tyson for ten rounds than go back to work. But for US$3500? You got me thinking again.

You might want to try to get a sun tan and apply for a teacher job in New York City. They are offering $2500 a month for bilinguals.

TW