Luis Pujols to manage Detroit Tigers

What a laugh, poor Luis, no matter how good a manager he could be has absolutely nothing to work with, no pitching, no hitting, Tigers are an absolute disaster. Illitch should spend some pizza money and give Luis some players to work with, he did it with his Red Wings. Maybe Luis could import Licey and some subs from other teams, he would stand a better chance.
And the Tigers president says Luis is an interim manager and a candidate for the long term position. Now Dombrowski that is dumb, give Luis the reigns and an open check book if the Tigers are to succeed.
Say a prayer for our Dominican friend, lets hope Luis can do something with nothing. He needs all the help he can get!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Hey, wud!!!

I wish the Marlins would hire Pujols...we have some good players...but heck, we can't do anything, anyway!!!

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Like I said in my DR curiosities post...

Any guy who gets fired by the Leones del Escogido as manager deserves the Detroit Tigers, Suarezn dream team.

Maybe we should ask the league to hire Suarezn in two months when Pujols gets fired.

TW

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
The Tigers need a lot more help than that, especially with the way Jose Lima is pitching...maybe he should stick to singing. I wonder if Alou will accept the offer?

Last edited:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Superchopo...see my other post under "Dominican Curiosities"...
I think better yet...I would buy the team, make it an all Dominican team, and then move it to Cotui...hehehe

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Suarezn

Good idea. I go for it. The Cotui Tigers!!! I will provide the cheerleaders from my Cotui harem.

In addition, we could have the longest, but narrowest ballpark in the world. We could take all the unpaved Cotui streets that are now being used for growing yuca and platanos and convert them into a long ball park. The bases would be run straight. By the time a runner gets to third base, the centerfield can put him out when he catches the ball right there if he does not run fast enough.

If you hit a platano tree and the racimo falls down is an automatic home run. People would watch from the houses and pay admissions to the owners. The owners in turn will pay a per centage to you.

TW