I hate Windshield washers at Red Lights!!

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
You get your car washed make it to the first red light and......splash!!! a guy has just flung a dirty piece of wet cloth and then proceeds to jump all over your car to wash the already clean windshield.

They usually jump over my tires trying to reach the windshield of my jeepeta and leave it dirtier than ever before.

Where is the so called ?Super Cop?? I guess it is perfectly ok to dirty other people?s clean cars, monkey up all over their shining hoods.....pull the wipers out to get to the bottom......

Is there anyway this can be stopped....or is there anything one can do to prevent this from getting done to them?

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Washers of Windshields

Maybe a smile, waving of your fingers, and shaking your head "no" will do.

If not, a decal on the windshield of a pistol and that of a dead washer with the legend "This windshield protected by Smith and Wesson." Maybe you can ask Chandalier to force all them window washers to line up one day a week at the intersection of Av Lincoln and Av 27 and you can throw dirty sponges at them, if it will make you feel better.

Loosen up, missing_dr, as much as I dislike their actions and behavior on occasion, there is going to be no change. With endemic poverty and unemployment there are going to be people whose only mechanism to get a few pesos is to wash windows and organized gangs who will use the poor to wash windows to make money for them.

If you really want it to stop, drive a junk, look like you need a few pesos and smile.

Regards, PJT

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Hint from Hubby......

He turns his windshield wipers on and waves a finger (no-no) when he reaches a corner with a red light! Of course this means you have to be aware that there are window washers there so you don't have to turn the wipers on at every red light!!
Works good for him and the only time he gets "swashed" is when he isn't paying attention!!
:D

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Well I was in a public car last week and the guy in front turned on his spissers(windshield washers) and they didn't just spiss his windshield but the car that I was in also got spissed and also the car beside us! The guy in the back of the neighboring car got wet. He looked out the window to the sky to see if it was raining. All of us in the public car were laughing ! Then the guy realized where the shower was coming from and he laughed. But the guy spissing never knew he was washing the neighbors windshield also!
The nest stop it happened again...the guy wound up his window as the driver turned their wipers on for the second time! It was very funny to watch. So I think when you need a windshield wash find someone with spissers gone astray and get close to them..yo don;'t have to worry about dirty rags...just enjoy the generosity of the neighbor sharing his spissers with you!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I think Jan should write a column for DR1

No kidding. Jan darlin' you certainly have an eye for the funny things, and I still chuckle inside when ithink aboutyour bout with the washing machine!...

Of course for intellectual humor there is no beating the PIB!!..

Kowtows, and slowly leaves the room

HB

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
In Leon

I am now in Leon Anna. I wounder what Golo does when some rag thrower targets his " baja panty".

I know Criss does not even notice where the rag went in this Blazer which always has the serious off road look!!

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
How to avoid windshield washers

In the nine years I have been here, I have only been hit by one washer. He got nothing for his work.....rather miswork. He actually dirtied my windshield.

But since my car is spotless all the time, it has a way of turning these guys off. Window washers know their business and where they can get a couple of pesos.

Besides having my car clean, I have this certain look in my eyes. I look at their eyes straight and they get the message. It is a mean look.

Fortunately the majority of their victims are concho cars. Concho drivers feel sorry for these guys and besides, they need a window cleaning more often than not. Women are victimized more than men, because they look like easy catch and they are afraid to give them the finger.

When you see car washers up front, you also slow down. As they walk towards you, you move up a little and they get the message. I do the same thing for Haitian beggars.

This is not a DR problem. New York City, Chicago and most major cities are full of them. Have you ever been to Houston St. near the village?

I hate all street vendors anyway. They pay no taxes and dirty our streets. Sorry Pib!! I believe we should continue to strive to build up on our economy so that new tax paying industries and businesses open up and these people get a real job, instead of hassling people and holding up traffic.

TW

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
No "Windshield Washers" in NYC

You have been away too long "golo"! Mayor Giulianni got rid of all the "Trash" on the streets of New Your.Including the "Homeless Beggars","Window Washers",but the "Girls" are still there!Thank God! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
Do you live in NYC Criss?

I do and although Guilianni did a great job I can tell you this much - There are still plenty of homeless beggars on the trains and streets, there's still trash in the city and you will still bump into your window washers!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I have found that CS or pepper spray do OK. A stun gun if you can get close enough to them is even better. Squashing them between your car and the car in front sometimes works. I'm sure there are other ideas out there.

Pepe

Jan 1, 2002
j_78

jessica__78 said:
hey pepe where are you from?

I?m a Dominican, I think. Well I have two versions.
My mother says that as a child they found me walking around Monte Christi, probably abandoned by a Haitian family and that she adopted me, in which case I could be related to Whoo-pib. But when I saw her picture in the zoo-gallery I said, no way! That girl looks just marrrvelous, and I?m an ogre. I?m sure a lot of people would agree.

Then there?s my father?s version. The poor guy used to say I was of mixed race: ?Cibao/Santo Domingo?, something most people call ?Arrayano?. In this case I could be a distant cousin of TW, or
that black stain behind his ear that just won?t rub off.

Pepe

Jan 1, 2002
j_78

jessica__78 said:
ha ha, you have made me laugh to tears!!!! I mean where do you live?

Ancient chinese secret. Somewheres in the US mid-atlantic.