Weather???

NYC Girl

Mar 20, 2002
Hey,

I know Punta Cana is warm and in the 80's during the day but I was wondering how cool it gets in the evening. Will I be ok in skirts/sundresses or should I pack some capri pants and cotton sweaters?

Thanks!

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
You definately wont need sweaters.You should be fine in the skirts.Pack a pair of long pants if you want but I dont think you will use them.I have never worn anything other than shorts and short sleeve shirts there.Night time included.
ILoveDr

jessica__78

Apr 3, 2002
I was just wondering, is it very humid in DR? In wester ny it gets so humid that I am sure that you can cut through the humidity with a knife!

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
I would recommend one light sweater just in case... I usually wear one with a tank underneath at night. I have been fine in skirts/ capris though. Have fun!

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
I agree with Bugsey34, it does get cool at night, especially if you are near the water, so pack a sweater or sweatshirt and light pants, kahkis, or something like that.

gonzaga1

Apr 12, 2002
I would suggest Capri's and a pair of "light weight jeans" with tank tops, ect., especially for the Disco, would be best, especially if you like to have a great time, party and dance. As for the weather, like most Carribean Islands, it does get humid at times, especially after if it rains.

I've been In June and October, and never did require a sweater any night, stayed both times in bld #13, right on the beach, was a bit breezy, but warm. One sweater should be fine, if you wear it at all, from what I know of the DR, there's only one type of weather, and that's summer! You notice in the each room there is a large umbrella, just in case if it rains, cause when it does, wow.......it pours, usually for 15-20 minutes.

Skirts and dresses are fine, as you will find, for dinner, majority of the tourist dress up. You can always go back to your room to jump into your jeans/capri's. What you would take with you would be the same type of clothes you would wear in the US or Canada during our summer months. Unless you are doing some of the tours, you will spend most of your time in a swimsuit. Have fun, let me know what you think of Flamenco when you get back.

Outside of Flamenco, there's the Plaza Bavaro, very safe to go to,all kinds of shopping, banks, rent a car, ect. Accross the street are many shopping huts. You will be hustled by the Dominicans to shop in their shops. A few Spanish words, will go a long way here. There is a couple of disco's in the plaza, a few locals, not a lot of people. A couple of sit down joints for a beer. The disco at Flamenco is great. RIU Bamboo's disco is about the second best.

NYC Girl

Mar 20, 2002
Flamenco

Hey thanks again gonzaga1 for all the great tips you've given me....I will be sure to pack a pair of "light" pants/capris and one light sweater/sweatshirt. And thanks for the info on my resort....I read a bunch of reviews on Debbie's Dominican website that said Building #13 is the best - 3rd floor with king bed and cathedral ceilings....I'm going to email the resort and request to be in that building.

I'll be sure to let you know what I think of the place!

Thanks again!

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
Just got word from friends living in the SouthEast, the weather, they say has been "cold" 24 degrees