Ozzy

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
There was a thread a while back about the show The Batchelor, I think someone related it to Issac Green. Well, this show just blows that one away. I never was or will be an Ozzy Osbourne fan of his music but MTV has put his whole family on camera, calling the show "The Osbourne's" They try to play off the Ozzy and Hariett show. But this is no Ozzy and Hariett, these tapings are real and noone is acting. His wife who is the most normal looking one of all is the craziest of the bunch throwing huge pounds of meat over the fence onto the neighbors they are feuding. My opinion has changed of this guy, he is a normal dude and pretty funny. You have to see it.. Tuesday nighta on MTV at 10:30pm P.S. He is even going to meet with President Bush since he is a fan. Below is from CNN news.

Today, he's a big TV star -- and the center of a new Ozzymania.

"The Osbournes," his MTV "reality sitcom," has become so popular that the music network shows it several times a week. His upcoming tour, Ozzfest, is considered one of the summer's heavyweight extravaganzas and includes such alternative hard-rock favorites as System of a Down and Adema.

And on Friday he receives the ultimate showbiz accolade: a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Ozzy seems pleased with the attention, even if he doesn't quite understand it.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
OZZY is so fried! I still chuckle when I remember the Ants and Urine story! Black Sabath was ok. I liked listening to it when I was stoned! I never cared much for his solo stuff. But He is a Rocker! Even the worst rocker is better than the best Merengue performer!

Tony C.

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
I knew I'd catch yout Tony C. I can just picture you back in 1982 with you Firebird, T-tops or the Trans-am with the big BIRD on the hood, or maybe Camero cranking up the Ozzy or Van Halen. Hahaha don't take me seriously though. You strike me as a late 70's - 80's rocker. Was Ted Nugent on your list back then? Or are you the ACDC, "Rock n' Roll and Noise Pollution" type. Am I good or am I way off? I think I got you this time.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
I would have never been caught dead in a Camaro or a Firechicken. You must be thinking of TW. First car I bought ith my own money was a MGB! Me I was a Punk Rocker!(Still AM) Ramones, Clash, Sex Pistols, Gen X, Chiclids! Spent my nights picking up chicks & beating up DISCO lovers!
VanHalen was great until Diamond Dave left. AC/DC is cool. Never liked the 80's hair bands that much except for Motley Crue. Hated Bon Jovi! "I'm a Cowboy"? Dude your from New Jersey!

Tony C.

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
I will have to do the "no chico" on you. Soy Pura Floride?a, muchachito. Yes I agree on the Van Halen thing. Hey TW just for shits and giggles, did you ever have a firechicken? Never knew that was the slang name for them. I am rollin' over here :)

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
I am Born and raised Miami. And proud of it!!!! I have lived in NYC, Spain, Costa Rica and Santo Domingo. Alway find myself back here!
Can't wait till TW reads your post. He is so proud of his Pontiac Firebird! For him it is the coolest car in the DR. I tried to expalin to him that only Hicks from Orlando and Julio's from Hialeah drive them.

Tony C

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
I think he has put money into upgrading that engine though right? I don't think that is the typical Firebird engine. And $$ spent on bringing it to the DR you have to give him credit for, TC. Besides we have been there with you and him going at it before on Italian and American cars and I don't think he'll bit on this one, but maybe he'll suprise me? I truely did forget that he had a Firebird, I thought it was a Trans AM :eek:

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
A Trans-Am is just a firebird with bigger decals!
Vettehead huh? I am going to be a Judge at a Corvette show down here in Miami, April 27th. It will be at the "Wings of Miami" Air museum at Tamiami Airport! You should bring your vette on down. I could put in the fix for you!

Tony C.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Oye, cars again. I just got a 02 Z28. You guys going to make fun of me also? I also have a 65 GTO with 3 duces and a 4 speed, a 97 Ford Supercab Lariott 4x4 and a case 1840 Skidsteer.

Hey, the skidsteer is cool. You should see the chicks line up for that! lol

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
You guys always talk about fancy cars. Well my fisrt 4 cars were all VW Bugs. And those babys could really run! At least downhill! And no matter what they keep going. Strinks on the wippers pulling back and forth to make them work, A board under the front seat to keep it from falling through the floor. Every time it rained and I hit a puddle I got wet! And when the window was frozen in the window you used your hand to melt the frost and looked though the hand print to drive!And when the gas peddle cable broke just had to turn up the idle and you could go anywhere!
Now those baqbys ...they were real runners!!! jejeje

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
trina said:
lol.........Jan, thanks for breaking up the testosterone!

Trina,

What is with the Testosterone comment? Do you hate men that much?
I like cars. Is that a crime? Do you think it is some kind of Macho conspiracy the hold women down? I bet you like to think that a man driving an expensive car is jut compensating for a small penis. JEEZ! Last time I looked one of the persons talking about cars in this thread was Theresa! A Vagino-American.

Tony C.

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
Vagino American, now that is not nice TC. I do have testosterone running through my vains like you, but probably a bit more estrogen to overpower it. Maybe my new car has given me more testosterone since 1)I like talking about it, 2)it makes me feel good when I drive it and 3)the only people I see in Corvette's are old wrinkled up men trying to relive their youth.

Jan I had a VW but not a bug it was a Jetta and I was in love with it. It was a piece of crap and I was always spending money rapairing it when I had none but that was the only car I ever cried over when I was finally able to trade it in. There is something about VW's.

Theresa, "the raging vagino-american testosteronalwannabeman"

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
VW

Can I join the VW club?? I'm driving my 4th or 5th generation Golf GTI
since the 1st Pocket Rocket came out that must have been in the late 70th?
There were a couple of lame ones in between but the latest one is great
again! X.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Take a pill, Tony...I thought you guys were finally tired of all the "my car is better than your car, my dad is better than your dad" bologna. No, I don't hate men, I am rather enamoured by most of them, my husband can do little wrong in my eyes.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Hey, me too!!!

I had a VW bug...yellow...can't remember what year it was!

Actually, I learned how to drive a stick with that one...

I was married at that time, and my "sweet" ex wouldn't teach me, so I just decided to learn on my own...you could just imagine what pains the poor car went through...but I learned!

One day I was coming back from work, in the middle of winter, from Rockleigh, N.J. to Elizabeth...and the brakes decided to give up on me downhill...

But those little things are sooo good, that I'm still here, telling you about it!

And most recently, my kids decided to buy one... also yellow, fixed it up really nice and drove it for a couple of years...

It finally gave up at the tollbooth...but when the tow truck showed up, the guy bought it from them, for $100!!!

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
VW First Car Owner Club, here I go. My first car (bought with my own money) was a Jetta. Yes, there's something about those Germans.

When I grow up I wanna have a yellow bug :D

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
The reason why you see older men driving Cars like Vette's and Porsches is because it usualy takes a long time for someone to acquire the wealth to own one. They probobly wanted one all their lives and now they finally can afford it. So what is wrong with that? Just because you reach a certain age you have to drive a Mini-van?
The last Speedway Days Car Show I organized at the Homestead Miami Speedway was won by a 1967 VW Beetle. it was immaculate. The guys from the Vette and Ferrari clubs were pissed but the VW deserved it.

Tony C