Natura Park , Sunscape or Fiesta Bavaro...which is BEST for couples getaway?

getawaygal

Apr 12, 2002
Hi everyone!
Well I was checking into availabilty for travel the the week of August 19th and although we had considered the "Sunscape" at some point, after hearing that it is a resort with the MOST children occupancy at any one time, ( one persons comment was "like viewing a school recess!" ), we pretty much had decided against it. On the other hand RUA is a bit too pricey at the moment, but I worry if perhaps we wait to book to see if the price comes down for August, the CHARTER flight seating aboard Apple or Funjet from Cleveland could end up being sold out, even if the hotel is available or visa versa. SO what a CATCH 22!! So now I am considering the "Fiesta Bavaro Resort". I read all the reviews and most sounded very favorable. Maybe some of you that have went recently can let me know if that will end of being another resort with a TON of children! A few would be fine, just not allot!!!! We would like entertainment, wherever we stay, to also cater to more adults as well. A good beach view with lots of palms and and a good array of restaurant/food choices, is also important. I hope someone can lend me some advice!! Thanks........we are a married couple in our mid-40's.....I am wondering too, since we are going August 19th, if either resort, the "Fiesta or Sunscape" COULD possibly still work, even if both cater somewhat to families...Only because school starts the following week and parents may not want to vacation with school starting a week later. Anyone on this board ever visit this resort during this time? "Natura Park" seems to also have a good special going as well, so this may be a consideration too...any suggestions again, would be most appreciated. Natura Park does not offer any airconditioned restaurants so not sure if that would be a problem. But DOES seem to offer a beautiful setting, flamingos, egrets, peacocks wander the grounds, not sure if with the others, this would be the case...So out of the 3, which one, do you all think? We know about the RUA but it was too overpriced for us......

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
If you incline towards the Sunscape, go ahead. Was there just yesterday, and the place looks real nice. As you say, by August the family crowd will be down to a minimum. The hotel also has a small pool for adults only. They show a movie for the kids at 7 pm, and then the evening show for adults starts at 9:30 pm, so I think things should work out fine. I believe it is also the only hotel that caters almost exclusively to the US market. With the exception of a few Canadians, everyone there is from the US. Everyday more of the staff speaks English. Note this is not a big hotel, so I would assume in a few days you will have made lots of friends among the other guests. They also have a small spa on the premises, which is a nice touch for a couple seeking rest and relaxation. The beach is nice, too, and you can walk over to Cabeza de Toro where there is a yacht club where world fishing tournaments are held. I believe there is a restaurant there called the Barlovento that is said to be good.