I found this water filter and was thinking people in DR could use. It's cheap!

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Water filters

You should try to hook up with jazzcom. He also has intentions to sell water filters. Regards, PJT

Scooter

Feb 15, 2002
I don't want to sell them!

I just thought it might help by being a cheap way to filter water. It filters even swamp water. Maybe for people who don't always have running water.

Debra

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
the cost, at $199 is way out of reach for 99% of the Dominicans that wuld even think of using it.

There are much less expensive ways, and curiously, even the poorest of the rural population know that boiling water is a good thing..

I wish Ed would Chime in here. He is really an expert on water treatment..

HB

Siblet

Apr 9, 2002
So what's with the water?

I will be coming to Santo Domingo in September to live and am curious about the water. You're talking about tap/faucet water, right? And you drink only bottled water? So I am assuming that the tap water is not very good. What's wrong with it - too many chemicals, or minerals, or additives or just down right dirty?

The reason I am very curious about all of this is because I am coming from a country where the water is horrible. It has dried out my skin and made my hair like hay.

So, if SD water is that bad, then I want to be sure to be prepared for the worst!

Ed, comments?
Jazzcom, do you sell shower filters?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are filter vendors here that will save you hassle.

In many areas the water is less then perfect. I have never drank anything but the tap water, but then I am a hillbilly, and Santiago and Mao have usually had good water....

HB

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
SD Water.

SD water is not that bad for those who have built up a tolerance for it. Bottled water is better and healthier for consumption. SD water is OK for bathing when it is available. The city lacks a reasonable water delivery system due to bad gov't, lack of foresight, money, poor pipes and electrical blackouts. Be aware of where you will be residing as to a availability of water. If there is a bucket full of water in or near the tub or shower there is a high probability of regular cuts in water service. Regards, PJT

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
water in the DR is for the most part not drinkable. Montezumas revenge usually strikes those that do not take precautions when visiting the DR. I have showered all the time and have had no ill effects. Yes, I can still play the piano.

I plan on selling an expensive system by dominican standards that won't be affordable to 95 percent of the population but will make your tap water potable at the rate of 5 gallons a minute. MY product will be about 450- a copy but it could take water cows bath in and make it drinkable.

My advice to people that go to the DR for the first time is to use bottled water to even brush their teeth in. I sometimes think about drinking the tap water instead of going on a diet.

Regards,
Escott

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Revenge

Jazzcom, it's not Montezuma's revenge. You need to give it a local output. It is Trujillo's revenge, "Vengaza de Trujillo", and don't drink the water. Regards, PJT

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
Water, Electricity and Gas.

Theses things are up to you, water is in the pipe, have foresight to look that where you are moving has a cistern, the your electric has a back-up system and gas is only available in propane tanks.
I plan on some( eletric ) solar-panels for my computer and appliances. With this weather, and friendly enviroment, these are but a small inconvinence. Property /income taxes are low, low interference as in permit to change an existing house. or dealing with your private affairs such raising your children.