dominicans coming to england

Status
Not open for further replies.

joanne

Feb 23, 2002
i have been going to the dominican republic since December 1999 and have been with my Dominican boyfriend since that date, having gone over on many occasion.

i am now hoping he will come to England to visit me so he can see my family and friends, as feel it isn't fair as I have seen where he works, visited his family and met his friends.

i am not sure about the procedures involved about obtaining a visa and howlong it takes.

if anyone has any information please could they let me as soon as possible.

i am going over in June for a holiday and wanted some information prior to that so I can get things in motion

email me please or respond to this add

my email address is sonesj@tuckers-law.com or cosmicjo45@hotmail.com

cheers

joanne

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Sorry to wipe off your hopes: but if he doesn't have a good job (working in entertainment dept of a resort doesn't count) and has no bank balance or no property (worthy of any serious value) to show, then he has as much of a chance of getting a visa to Europe as much as my shoe shine boy down the street from my office.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
hey guys, another !!!!!!one!!!!!!! Be gentle now...

Look up Hillbilly's Three Laws for dating a Dominican...in the archives...Lots of opinions on this one.

chances of getting a visa? About nil!

Sorry..

HB

besides, who would pay for the ticket??

jessica__78

Apr 3, 2002
Why do people have to be so mean!!!!! My advise is try it, if you dont get it oh well, if so great. I have a lot of experience in dealing with that, and in the end I was so surprised!!!!

You guys have made it sound like all dominican people date americans,european ect.. for is to get a card or what ever, but you see the problem is is that love dosnt know green card or citizenship, love dosnt know color, age, religon.

Take my advise, try what ever you can do and if it dosnt work and you and him really love each other move to him!

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
Don't worry, I have brought many good friends from the Dominican Republic to Canada and lets say that they are not persay part of the upper class. They however, have been to Canada before through help from the Scarbourough Missionaries. It is a long process, but it can happen. It is difficult, but there is no hurt in trying. You must build lots of connections!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Come on Jessica, you know I'm not mean. I said "Be Gentle".

After all, this guy would never date, do or even think of another woman between those visits from England!! He has a bank account, a Credit Card-Visa Gold -and a loan from a S&L to finance his house. He has finished whichever level of education that Joanne has reached and has a visa to travel to Canada or the US...

IF and only IF he meets these three criteria is he worth even a second date, much less anything more. Get real girls...

Go on, Joanne, tell him to go to the British Embassy and solicite a Visa to visit the UK...See what they say...

Oh yes, and Meridith? It's per se not persay...And of course they were not "per se" upper class. The Dominican upper class send their kids to school in Canada, never visit it.....these guys are the "chopos" that Golo is always talking about....I really wonder if you are doing them a service or Canada a service getting them to Canada where they have to work....

Sorry to be so harsh, but these are tiring, no matter how often they pop up...
HB

Last edited:

jessica__78

Apr 3, 2002
I am the last person who wants to get in a pissing match over this BUT, My man is a chopo from the get go he is also a grease monkey (mechanic), he dosnt have millions in the bank but we love each other. He went to ins even before we meet and he got his papers like a year after we were together, I never in a million years would have thought that he could get them< his sister made him a us citizen. so you know crazier things have happend!!

By the way mabey there should be a group for chopoholics!! I would be the very first person to join. Any one else??? HILLBILLY!

MUAH to my new friend Hillbilly- if he accepts?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Jessica MUA back at you. You certainly lucked out. good mechanics are hard to find, and many a Dominican has found fame and fortune doing good work. did you know that machinists make up to 50,000$ per year?
yet, there is a detail..."His sister made him a US citizen" That is how about 350,000 Dominicans did it....He got there the easy way. Did you know him before or after? Just curious...they are different fish..

HB

Joke:
Very macho guy: I can do everything better than you!
Jessica: Oh yeah? I bet you not!
Macho man: You're on!
Jessica: Okey, we'll have a pissin' contest!
Macho man: Sure! You first!
Jessica : Drops drawers, leans way back and manages about 10" of distance.
Macho man: HEHEHE! that's easy. Un zips, limbers up, aims.....

And

Jessica yells:

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
HEY! NO HANDS!!!

HB with a grin, I know when to fold....

jessica__78

Apr 3, 2002
let me guess who macho man is?

I knew him after he started the whole lifetime process!!!

So will you be apart of the chopoholics anonimo?

Meredith

Jan 24, 2002
Hillbilly.....

Sorry, if I offended you with my spelling. Sorry, If I am not as intellectual as you are. What did I say that was so wrong? I was just stating a simple statement.
What's wrong with friend's visiting? They love their own country. I have know them for a long time, they are going to school in their own country, why do they have to be sent to Canada by their parents to study? That makes them a chopo for going to University in Santo Domingo and not in Canada? Okay. What gives you the right to tell me that my friends are chopos when you don't even know who they are. I am offended. And you are going by golo's definition? That's the problem right there.

Sorry, but these rude comments are getting tiring, when people whom are stating them, do not have the right to say them and when it has nothing to do with them.

Jessica, go for it!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
OOPs! I didn't say that they were chopos...

However, I do believe I might have misinterpreted your post. You were bringing "friends" to "visit" Canada, and they went back to the DR? Now that is not chopism. that is super cool....and something very well done...Good.

And obviously, if they are/were going to university, these were not the chopos I had pictured///-->>AND, fyi, those were part of the upper 10% of Dominican society....I betcha, eh?

Chopism is when the sanki panky gets the babe to get him to Canada where he then enjoys all the many benefits of Canada's social welfare programs, and then gets the rest of his family to join him on the dole!!..

AND, I am never offended by spelling, not with the way I do it! It is just that I do like to apply a little needle every now and then when folks use foreign terms without the assistence of a dictionary, the old fashioned kind with hard covers and paper!!

So, of course, I am never, per se, irritated by funny spelling..

HB

Last edited:

Meredith

Jan 24, 2002
Okay, Hillbilly.......

I just got offended and that comment made me upset, but you didn't mean it, so it's all good! People who go to University are part of the top 10% of society?
Is that what you are saying?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Actually, if they finish the degree, they are even more of a minority!
There are certainly not 840,000 college graduates here. However, there are lots of frustrated college students since somehow people seem to have the idea that everybody is entitled to a college education..

One of our major problems..

HB

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
I am a fair man.......

As much as I do not want Haitians to come to my country(Immigration just did a big sweep in my neighborhood construction sites,hehehe) I would hate to see anybody give DR a black eye by bringing Dominican chopos to England.

It would be such an embarrassment to our already bad image. Please, leave our chopo mechanics right here where they belong, in Sabana Perdida, Villa Mella and on Nicolas de Ovando Street, where all the mechanics gather. Do not get them visas to England. I still want to say that I am Dominican when I visit abroad.

Take my word for it....if Haitians should not come to our side, neither should DR chopos go abroad. Keep those brutes here where they belong. Let them go to Puerto Rico and Venezuela(By the way, how about those chopo mobs in the streets of Caracas celebrating Chavez coup-disgusting!). Chopos with chopos match. Do not place your family in a delicate situation of chosing between disinheriting you or keeping that chopo for a boyfriend.

And this is an alert, in case any British diplomats read this forum....ABSOLUTELY DO NOT issue visas to chopos. Do you want to see people drying clothes on the bridges over the Thames?
How about orange juice vendors underneath the Eiffel?

TW

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
good reply golo!!

100 % agree with you Golo.

About a year ago. I had the misfortune of dealing with a person from Cibao here in Mexico. He was the quality editor for one of our clients.

When this guy found out that I also have an apartment in Santiago and call Santiago home etc....holy hell I had a blood brother before I knew.

This was a Dominican Jazzcom (Loud fat and Ugly Dominican) - no offence Jazz and Congrats for your daughter?s achievement.

We went to a nice restaurant for dinner one night. A nice place, people talk softly, watch their P?s and Q?s. Please pass me the salt. Could I have a glass of water please etc etc. And here is what it was like obviously in a very loud voice

?Eey...trae me un cotilla de cerdo con papa frita. Uted no sirven frito velde aqui?...Que no?....Y como e posible en un retaurante tan bueno.....bueno entonce traje me..papa frita?

?Para tomar dame una Negra Modelo y tiene que estar bien fria o te lo regreso una ve.?

?Pssssssss...pssssssssssssssssss.......oye.....psssssssss............dame otra cerveza mas.......bien fria........? ?Gracias...asi lo quiero como vetido de novia?.....diablo tanto que yo quiero regrasar a mi pueblito?

The knife in the left hand, fork on the right. Bloody table cloth tucked in the collar. Man it was he who had everything to say and do there.

I hope this guy never leave the island again!

CHERYL.W

Mar 14, 2002
Yet again, a thread about Dominicans and european relationships has started a very heated debate.

Those of you that have posted negative comments, Where do you meet the Dominicans that you know. I think they are one of the most friendly, giving and happy people I have ever met.

My boyfriend has never asked for anything from me, I may be the one to do most of the phoning but I can afford it a lot more than he can. When I visit and go to his families house I am treat like royality (which I don't like!!!!!!!!!!) But his family would do anyhting to help and I love sitting during siesta in the yard drinking rum and basically having to worries. They may not have much money, but what they do have is their's unlike myself and most of the people I know in the UK who are in debt with visa cards and loans.

Why do those of you who live in the DR, live there if all you do is categorize the majority of the population under names like sankie, have you ever stopped to think that they may just be good people trying to make a living in one of the biggest job sectors in DR.

I say to everyone who has met a dominican and feels that it is something special go for it. What is life for if not to make yourself happy, and in the event that he does turn out to be a sanki, so what as long as you haven't got yourself in too deep. I am always aware that he may not be completley truthful, but i trust him and until he does something for me not to then why shouldn't I.

If chopo means what I think it means then, Jessica- Count me in.

And Joanne, go for it and if things work out and some time long in the future if you live happily ever after I want an invite to the wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
CherylW,

you have to understand that this is an indirect way for many guys to make
themself look better by talking other fellas down...very human... not sure
I can exclude myself. Sooo read in between the lines and give our vanities
a break.
Have a nice Sunday afternoon. X

PS I just won a tuff tennis match and that's the reason for this mellow post

Meredith

Jan 24, 2002
K, this is what you gotta do. Fax a letter to the embassy inviting your guy to your country and then he has to apply for a visa. Make sure you state the dates that you will be responsible for him for and state that you will support him financially for his stay. Then, it's in the hands of the Consulate. Good luck!
Make sure it is a direct flight, if it is not and there is a stop in a different country you will need to get him a transit visa as well.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Old Hillbilly saying: You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink!

We have warned you and told you that you are getting into something not nice.

Sorry Cherryl, you are acting the fool...

HB

Last edited:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Stereotyping...

OK...Since we are stereotyping here...Isn't this guy "Missing_dr" the chopo from India or Pakistan or some other smelly country like that, who lived in the chopiest city in the state of Mexico, Toluca?
Just as an FYI pal, do you know what us cibaenos think of you people? That basically you guys smell cause you don't bathe regularly...in that aspect you guys are as if you were haitians...
You also don't use toilet paper...but your bare left hand instead...
I prefer to be a loud cibaeno any time...at least we don't carry a stinky hand around...ewwww...check out the "peanut butter" under those nails...

Status
Not open for further replies.