Or pining for me?

Where o where can she be?

The North is too couth, foresooth!

Too cold and too harsh!

where oh where can she be???

Hb and the rest of us'uns

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yeah, I think she went to get some Molsons and pinto beans, three platanos and some "chivo" !!

HB

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Shes waiting for all in PalTalk!!
No really...what happened to the chatroom in paltalk? I've been there many times and noone is there...an I wasting my time looking for ya'll or should I keep looking!
Oh where,oh where can you be???

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Sorry but the days are getting longer and warmer and I hate to be in front of the computer at 7 pm. Tomorrow we go to 28 degrees...last week we were freezing.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
All Right Already!!!!!

I was outside enjoying the longer days and HOT temps!!!!
25C Tomorrow and the sun was shining sooooo bright today.
Believe it or not I spent 10 minutes in the supermarket looking for some tayote(chayote) before I remembered that we don't get them here!!!! Beregenia, si! Aji picante,si! Platanos,si! All from the DR but no tayote! Sheesh!
No chivo (just what's still in my freezer here but lots of fresh lamb! Mmmmmm.........
Gotta try out my mike to see if it works or if I need a new one so maybe tomorrow night I'll fire up the chatroom around 8:30 pm to see if it works......somebody better drop in so I can check it out!!!!
Anna maybe??? Otherwise I'll just go to the tech room and get them to check my audio.....
You should see my front yard!! All my crocus are in bloom - a sea of white, purple and yellow, and the tulips are coming along nicely.....should bloom in a week or so. Then it'll be the dwarf iris and my gorgeous flowing almond bush. I've already planted the palm seeds I brought home in a pot in the pool room. Hopefully they'll grow....the last ones did!!
Glad ta hear y'all miss me!!
I miss y'all too!!! But my grandbabies were real excited to
see me and the four year old didn't sleep at all last night!! HE WAS TOO EXCITED AND A LITTLE AFRAID WE'D LEAVE AGAIN!!
Guess I won't tell him we have a family wedding to go to in Sarasota Springs,Nueva Jork in two weeks!
Only going for four days but maybe I'll get a chance to check out that Dominican restaurant in Albany. My son is working in New York City so maybe he'll fly his wife in and we'll get to visit a bit!
Looks like a very busy summer for my "other" half so I doubt we'll get down to Atlanta until October if then. We'll probably just meet them in Rome in Sept.
I'm Tired! I hurt but I'm glad to be home.....just wish I could split myself in half so I could be in too places at once......sigh
BTW Nice poem Hillbilly....long time since anyones composed a poem for me!!!:D

Chat room

The days are longer and the temps are more Dominican like every day 25 C today nad 28 C tomorrow, lots of yard work to contend with and the packing, Sunday is coming soon. Still looking and waiting for my tickets.
Chat room I will try around 9 pm EDST.
MommC I got your email and will be in contact on return, Anna I got the address, same as I sent the package.??????Canada Post?? Will remail.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
You'd think it was mailed to the DR instead of right here in Ontario.Sheeeh Canada Post wake up!

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
It is gorgeous, almost feels like the D.R here! Having a cold Moosehead already enjoying the day. Still, not the same..... no bachata, presidente....... I'm so excited!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Hey!

I'm over in the open forum writing poetry when I should be outside enjoying the 25C sunshine!!!.
Hope this weather holds......
Did the grandson sitting thing this morning....took 'em both for a nice long walk to see the ducks in the stream behind our house. Walked right around to the other side , over the little foot bridge.
Hehehe!!!
Loved it!!!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Sitting on Paltalk......DR1-Online

Waiting for someone to show up so I can test my mike!!!
Where are you people???????

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Fighting off a virus attack!!!

Drat! Just as I was downloading the new virus definitions for a virus just unleashed today my email program automatically downloaded my mail in the background and wouldn't you know it that darn new virus was attached. Whew!! What a fight.......
Hope it didn't get out to anyone else while I was trying to eradicate it......
Don't open any attachments if you don't know they're coming and update your virus definitions regularly (like I just did it two days ago but this was new today!!!)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Thank you MommC, for the virus warning.

I am supposed to have "automatic" updates, but I am not sure that they are really so 'automatic' ..

Glad to see that all is well in the Far North...

HB

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Auto is ok.....but!

Norton Live Update only updates every Wed. or once a week. The Intelligent Updater does daily or every second day update however must be done manually.
So I usually update manually 3x per week so I don't get caught.
So far the virus was only returned to me by one of my address book contacts but since I get a virus from them about once every four or five months anyway I'm thinking it didn't get out of my system but that they got it from another source. Apparently this one is quite well spread. My Norton checks my outgoing email as well as incoming to make sure I don't send any viruses out and that was part of the problem I had.....since I installed the update while Outlook Ex was downloading mail I was getting virus quarantines from email coming in and then from my own machine trying to send it out!!! Whew....I had my hand full for a while until I got Outlook closed and the virus quarantined then deleted.