Edenorte question

affald

May 17, 2004
Waiting for my meter in a Santiago suburb. Should be a couple days.

Lady in office said I could pay my bill on line only if I had a Dominican Credit card. Is this true? Only have USA credit cards .

Any other useful information I need to know before the install would be appreciated. I am getting a 220/240 connection, I am told needs bucket type truck.

The guy that came from edenorte day one to inspect said to feel free to jump the current 110/120 connection in the meter pan so I have Luz while I wait for meter. He said by Wednesday they would install the meter. Wonder if that is true?

Thanks in advance

affald

May 17, 2004
Does anyone pay Edenorte online with anything other than a Dominican Credit card?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
A couple of years ago I used to be able to pay Edenorte online via my BanReserva portal. One day without warning that function disappeared. Despite several email inquiries, I never received an explanation. Then I moved and no longer have an Edenorte account so I don't know if online payment is possible again.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
I pay my bill at their office in colinas mall....takes about 5 minutes and then I have a copy to prove it was payed....

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I pay online with bank of Santa Cruz portal ..populates your bill automatically just put account number in.. ednorte also emails me bill monthly..

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
I get my bill electronically from Edenorte and pay a via a call centre number with a UK credit card.....it's an automated service.

affald

May 17, 2004
I get my bill electronically from Edenorte and pay a via a call centre number with a UK credit card.....it's an automated service.
If they take a UK card I assume they will take a USA card.

Meter suppose to come tomorrow. A bucket truck I am told, to hook up the 240 service.

We'll see.

sirlurksalot

Apr 2, 2002
Edenorte 'On Time Service'

What Edenorte says and what they DO are two totally different things. I wouldn't stand on one leg and hold my breath waiting for them to come at the 'appointed' time. They cut my wires due to 'non-payment'. Since I'm there only 2 months of the year I've always paid for the total year in advance. This was a deal worked out years ago. They got a new employee who said the person who made that deal wasn't authorized to do that. Soooo they sent a couple of workers out to cut my wires...due to non-payment when in fact I had paid for 12 months. They left my wires coiled up on my front porch. Each one shortened by 10 feet. So I immediately went to town to get straight with them. I said how long before your workers come out to reconnect my wires? TOMORROW is what I was told. Tomorrow turned into a week. So I put the word out locally that I needed to get hooked up again and this time "tomorrow" really turned out to be tomorrow. A kid on a little motor...steering with one hand and holding an aluminum extension ladder in the other, came out and did the job. The electricity happened to be on at the time. Here is the rub. The bill I got from Edenorte charged me for the re-connection!! Everybody in our village is hooked to to "dos veinte". If you were hooked to to 110 volts most of your stuff would burn up. Their 110 tests out at 60 volts-more or less. And they don't come with a bucket truck in our town. This kid comes with his metal ladder and does it. Sorry this is so long but seemed like a good opportunity to vent a little.

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015
I pay my bill using my Dominican debit card.....but they do accept foreign credit cards...

affald

May 17, 2004
What Edenorte says and what they DO are two totally different things. I wouldn't stand on one leg and hold my breath waiting for them to come at the 'appointed' time. They cut my wires due to 'non-payment'. Since I'm there only 2 months of the year I've always paid for the total year in advance. This was a deal worked out years ago. They got a new employee who said the person who made that deal wasn't authorized to do that. Soooo they sent a couple of workers out to cut my wires...due to non-payment when in fact I had paid for 12 months. They left my wires coiled up on my front porch. Each one shortened by 10 feet. So I immediately went to town to get straight with them. I said how long before your workers come out to reconnect my wires? TOMORROW is what I was told. Tomorrow turned into a week. So I put the word out locally that I needed to get hooked up again and this time "tomorrow" really turned out to be tomorrow. A kid on a little motor...steering with one hand and holding an aluminum extension ladder in the other, came out and did the job. The electricity happened to be on at the time. Here is the rub. The bill I got from Edenorte charged me for the re-connection!! Everybody in our village is hooked to to "dos veinte". If you were hooked to to 110 volts most of your stuff would burn up. Their 110 tests out at 60 volts-more or less. And they don't come with a bucket truck in our town. This kid comes with his metal ladder and does it. Sorry this is so long but seemed like a good opportunity to vent a little.
I am connected to 110 with no meter, the Edenorte employee who came to survey said to jump the wire in the meter pan.

Now waiting for the meter and 220.

Based on your story, I won't hold my breath.

Most likely they will try to fine me for stealing electricity.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
If you enroll to get your bill electronically you will see the payment telephone number. you can pay 24hours a day by entering the info via the automated system ie contract number etc then your credit card details and it will ask you if you wish to retain this info for future use.
Alternatively you can sign on to pay online but your credit card needs to be validated by their system. This involves a $1 charge which also delivers a code on your online credit card account. If you do not have online banking you will have to wait to your next credit card statement as you need this code to activate your credit card.
Hence the telephone option is the easiest payment method

affald

May 17, 2004
If you enroll to get your bill electronically you will see the payment telephone number. you can pay 24hours a day by entering the info via the automated system ie contract number etc then your credit card details and it will ask you if you wish to retain this info for future use.
Alternatively you can sign on to pay online but your credit card needs to be validated by their system. This involves a $1 charge which also delivers a code on your online credit card account. If you do not have online banking you will have to wait to your next credit card statement as you need this code to activate your credit card.
Hence the telephone option is the easiest payment method
Thank you. Last silly question, can you prepay/overpay a few months?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006

IN PERSON: I pre-pay my electric bill 3-4 months in advance when I travel / don´t want to worry about it for a few months / before the holidays.

(1)
It´s called "Pre-pago", remember that wording, otherwise they have no idea what you're talking about.

(2)
Word to the wise - BE CAREFUL - "pre-pago" is just that, if they have already issued you a bill, the pre-pago WILL NOT be used to pay the bill. You will be listed as NOT paying your bill even tho you may have enough in the "Pre-pago" to pay a few months in advance.

(3)
Pre-pago is PAID at the office, NOT TO an employee on the street.

(4)
EdeNorte WILL NOT show your negative balance, your bill will just show $0.00 due. They must be using a really old computer system before negative was invented. :confused: lol

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
CORRECTION
Sorry about that, they confuse me all the time at EdeNorte.... :laugh:

They don't understand "Pre-Pago".

IN PERSON: I pre-pay my electric bill 3-4 months in advance when I travel / don´t want to worry about it for a few months / before the holidays.

(1)
It´s called "Anticipada", remember that wording, otherwise they have no idea what you're talking about.

(2)
Word to the wise - BE CAREFUL - "Anticipada" is just that, if they have already issued you a bill, the Anticipada WILL NOT be used to pay the bill. You will be listed as NOT paying your bill even tho you may have enough in the "Anticipada" to pay a few months in advance.

(3)
Anticipada is PAID at the office, NOT TO an employee on the street.

(4)
EdeNorte WILL NOT show your negative balance, your bill will just show $0.00 due. They must be using a really old computer system before negative was invented. :confused: lol

Last edited:

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005

You really do not need to do this as you will receive your invoice in your email monthly. Simply phone the service and pay with your credit card.