Temp internet from home (not cell)

mekkizm

Jun 1, 2004
Not sure if this has been covered before but i plan on being in the country a few times a year for a few weeks each time. What is the best way to have wifi at home to use my laptop while Im there.

I've seen post that talk about sim cards and temp plans but how about from home to us not just my cell phone but my laptop as well. PLEASE HELP.

Prices, company to use and whats the process to get this done.

Thanks a bunch!!

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Not sure if this has been covered before but i plan on being in the country a few times a year for a few weeks each time. What is the best way to have wifi at home to use my laptop while Im there.

I've seen post that talk about sim cards and temp plans but how about from home to us not just my cell phone but my laptop as well. PLEASE HELP.

Prices, company to use and whats the process to get this done.

Thanks a bunch!!

If you plan to use it only at home VIVA has MiFi for homes, 3 mbps speed for 699.00 pesos tax included prepaid and 5 mbps speed for 899.00 pesos tax included prepaid.

If you want MiFi mobile can take out of home coverage area then you can buy 14 Gb for 380.00 pesos prepaid tax included, after you use your 14 Gb then your speed will be downgrade to 512 kbps.

The price for the router is 2,950.00 pesos.

If sime body else know the prices with Claro and Altice please post it.

mekkizm

Jun 1, 2004
If you plan to use it only at home VIVA has MiFi for homes, 3 mbps speed for 699.00 pesos tax included prepaid and 5 mbps speed for 899.00 pesos tax included prepaid.

If you want MiFi mobile can take out of home coverage area then you can buy 14 Gb for 380.00 pesos prepaid tax included, after you use your 14 Gb then your speed will be downgrade to 512 kbps.

The price for the router is 2,950.00 pesos.

If sime body else know the prices with Claro and Altice please post it.

Thanks for reply but I'm not to tech savvy.  I want to use it to stream movies, play music and surf social media.
Which is the best option?  Is are those prices for a month or service?

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Thanks for reply but I'm not to tech savvy.  I want to use it to stream movies, play music and surf social media.
Which is the best option?  Is are those prices for a month or service?

Then your option must be first one that you buy the 3 or 5 mbps, MiFi for Home. And yes the price is for a month,  699.00 for 3 mbps and 899.00 for 5 mbps.

mekkizm

Jun 1, 2004
Then your option must be first one that you buy the 3 or 5 mbps, MiFi for Home. And yes the price is for a month,  699.00 for 3 mbps and 899.00 for 5 mbps.

Those are great prices, will the 5 Mbps be enough if I'm using it a few hours a day?

Price just seems to good to be true!

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Those are great prices, will the 5 Mbps be enough if I'm using it a few hours a day?

Price just seems to good to be true!

Yes, its unlimited internet, VIVA its the smaller company here, they want catch cuatomers with rasonable prices, they also forced the 2 biggest telephone company to change their intermet plans offerting unlimited internet, so the 2 big ones didnt have a choice and started to offer unlimited internet too.

mekkizm

Jun 1, 2004
Yes, its unlimited internet, VIVA its the smaller company here, they want catch cuatomers with rasonable prices, they also forced the 2 biggest telephone company to change their intermet plans offerting unlimited internet, so the 2 big ones didnt have a choice and started to offer unlimited internet too.

That's fantastic!!!  Is there any installation?  Once I buy the router what else needs to be done?
Thank you so much for your help here!!

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
That's fantastic!!!  Is there any installation?  Once I buy the router what else needs to be done?
Thank you so much for your help here!!

Add credit to your line for the month, its all you need.  The Simcard the will put into the router will be already configured.

Just make sure to buy the plan for homes, Mifi Hogar