Satellite TV (NFL) in DR

MikeKO

Apr 12, 2002
I think I've figured out all of the other things I needed to know about moving to the DR except the Satellite TV situation. The subject has sucked down every search I can think of and produced no results.

What I need to know is who provides Sat services to the DR. It could be that some of the discussion is best done via email if it involves pirated signals. Anyway if someone could tell me how to pick up Dish and/or DirecTV I would appreciate it. My primary goal is figuring out how to watch the NFL which, as everyone knows, is a very important element of life.

Thanks
Mike

Last edited:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
No problem with Direct TV in the DR. Legal or otherwise. I suggest going the legal route (Less hassle) You will need a US address. What area will you be living in? If near Sosua, drop by the bar and we can talk.

MikeKO

Apr 12, 2002
Thanks Eddy. I'll be glad to stop by, but, I'm guessing that there is more than 1 bar in Sousa, so you'll need to give me a clue as to which one. I looked at your profile and a few old posts, but couldn't track you down.

As to the Sat, I'd thought of the register it in the states somewhere trick since I've done that before, but this is a problem if you want Sunday Ticket. DTV requires that you have your modem connected to get the signal, and needless to say, the area code would not match the registration. I've not really tried it to see if they check, but it would be pretty trivial to implement. Although, now that I think about it, I could maybe do a cell phone...hmm. Regardless, I'll take your word for it not being a problem and worry about it when I get there. Would I be correct in assuming I could get hacked cards there if I needed to?

Mike

MikeKO

Use a pirated DTV card in the DR and don't hook up the phone link, works great, illegal in US, who knows about the DR but in Canada, Supreme Court ruled the signal public domain, DTV has no rights in Canada, so we get hashed and just reprogram and watch TV.
You can definitely pick up the DTV sat. in the DR, check it out with Eddy, his bar is great and he is a good guy been there twice and enjoyed every minute. at Eddy's Sports Bar.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
NFL: No problem at all....Most of the cable providers are hip and provide decent to good coverage...

Illegal dishes are a dime a dozen and they really know how to do it right....

don't sweat it..eddy's has a huge sign out front, or ask anyone in Sosua!

HB

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Pirate cards are available. The only problem is that if it goes down just before or during a game, your screwed. Acceptable for a residence but if you're in business........ You have the option of bringing a Direct TV unit from home and buying the minimal programming and the NFL season's ticket before you come down. Also bring a "Pirate card" with you for the other stuff. Forget the little dish as you will need a 6' fibreglass one here. I know-I know a 18" will work but that's for Direct TV Para Todos. I don't think they show NFL.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Ahhh, Eddy, I just love it when you speak NFL to me!

I totally agree. if it can be done, it should be done right.

HB

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Not only does Eddy know his shit but at his Bar "Eddys Sports Bar" he has some of the most beautiful women working there that you will run into in Sosua.

I always go there for the Superbowl and World Series. I usually just look at the women though:)

Regards
Escott