Teaching in the Dominican

Melissa

Apr 10, 2002
I am looking for a position as an English Teacher for Spanish speaking individuals. I have a degree to teach English as a second language and an Associates Degree. I am looking for this position to be based in Puerto Plata or Sosua, although I am willing to be anywhere in the country. I have fallen in love with the Dominican and the people.
If you have any information concerning schools in the Dominican and perhaps the salaries, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx everyone!!!!
Melissa

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Hi Melissa,

When we lived in Sosua, my son went to a school in Los Charamicos - Garden Kids. When he went there it was just starting out and from the looks of the website they're doing pretty well. I don't imagine a *great* salary working there...but it's a nice school.

Paula

Apr 22, 2002
Hi Melissa,

I have been teaching in the Dominican for 2 years now. I work at The Learning Tree School in Puerto Plata. The school teaches kids from age 2 to 12 (preschool - grade 6). The woman in charge of the school in Agnes Imbert, and I know she is looking for teachers for the upcoming school year. If you would like more info on the school and the surroundings and what it was like please email me on my personal email and we can chat ok.