Lesbian hangouts in SD

Expat_in_SD

Apr 18, 2002
Hi,
I'm (fairly) new to SD and am looking for any gathering places for lesbians, foreign or domestic. If you have good advice, please respond. If you want to say something intolerant about homosexuality, please start your own thread. Thanks!

: )

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Cough cough. I know this could harm my reputation as a man-eater. Anyhoo, I live in this town, so I know "stuff". That's my excuse and I'll stick to it.

I guess that a "lesbian hangout" in SD is a myth. Much like the secret elephants burial ground. I don't know any lesbian (at least not open ones), but I've heard that O'Hara's Place on calle Danae in Gazcue is a lesbian hang out. I can't promise.

My friends and I once walked into a bar on Isabel La Catolica and felt a little "too welcomed". I didn't pay attention to the name of the bar and I would guess that's another place.

Ok, so much for helping around...

Expat_in_SD

Apr 18, 2002
Funny, I actually went looking for O'Hare's place. My book said it was on Independence and Danae but it was nowhere to be found. Thanks for being brave enough to respond, Pib!

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
O'Hara's is not on the corner. It is on the east side of the street almost in the midle between Santiago and Independencia. On the corner there's a commercial and residential building. Infamous now because it's the residence of the vicepresident.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I can confirm that O'Hara's is where Pib indicated. We stay at a small hotel near there on Danae when in Santo Domingo and often walk by the bar.

jessica__78

Apr 3, 2002
Some people have very closed minds. Thats the problem with this world. People need to start using their heart instead of their brains!

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
If I remember correctly, Fred is down on lesbianism because he sees it as an affront to men.

Bwah!

Fred

Feb 20, 2002
War

During the Cuban revolution and Nicaraguan insurrection the women were much tougher fighters than the men!

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Re: War

Fred said:
During the Cuban revolution and Nicaraguan insurrection the women were much tougher fighters than the men!

Fred,

Do you believe all the propaganda you read? They made up stories about heroic women fighters to legitimaize their cause. The women in those groups were their to cook, clean and pleasure the "troops". I know many who did!

Tony C.

Fred

Feb 20, 2002
Heterosexual Hangouts in SD

Hi,
I'm (fairly) new to SD and am looking for any gathering places for hetrosexuals, foreign or domestic. If you have good advice, please respond. If you want to say something intolerant about heterosexuality, please start your own thread. Thanks!

That's the joke!

Expat_in_SD

Apr 18, 2002
I'm actually a little sorry that I asked now that I've seen the way the thread has disintegrated.

Thanks to the people who responded seriously.

Fred, you should hang out on a street corner, go to La Sirena, get on a Gua Gua or come to my office if you want to meet heterosexuals, they seem to be everywhere and they all seem to want to marry me.

cled

Jan 3, 2002
Good Luck

I hope that you find out about a place Expat_in_SD. If you do, can you post it? I'm a married heterosexual male but I've been curious about gays/lesbians in the DR. I think that it is a shame that you guys/girls have to live in the closet in this day in age...

Cled...