liposuction

jessica__78

Apr 3, 2002
I know alot of dominican woman who live here in NY that go to DR to get this procedure done, is there any reason why they dont get it done in us?

Is it cheaper?

Is it safe?

I am not going to lie, if the answers to my questions are the answers I want to hear, I am also thinking of this.

And no I am not a cow( before anyone else beats me to it) I just have my problem areas- thighs, butt !

PLEASE NO SMART ASS COMMENTS!

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
wife's nieces

Two of my wife's nieces (dominicanas) in their early 20's had this done last year in the DR. It's cheaper and the person they went to is as good as the doctors in the US. There were a few threads last year about this and can be found in the archive with the guy's name.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Mom + sis of one of my friends are coming next week to have a little touch up here and there. Apparently it is a lot cheaper and just as safe as in the states. Provided you choose your doctor wisely. Do a search in the 2001 archive, you'll find more information that you'll need.

jessica__78

Apr 3, 2002
Do you know the reason why it is so much cheaper? I dont want to go to a chop shop.

By the way how can I put faces in the post?

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
As I said choose your doctor wisely. Check the archives, much has been said about it. Apparently every time summer approaches there's a rush of people asking that same question :)

For the smilies check this thread I started long ago. I hope it helps you http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15219&highlight=miss+witless Don't be scared by the broken links on some of the smilies on the thread. That website is now down.

jessica__78

Apr 3, 2002
I have looked and they are all horror stories. Well forget the lipo, what I most need is a breast reduction(my poor back), can you give me any names?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are always horror stories in plastic surgery. I think that you will be able to find some very well qualified M/D.s in this area.

I'll ask around and post this afternoon if I can, tomorro for certain..

HB

Not a smart a.. comment

Okay, you are not a cow, first it was your thighs and hip, the sand has settled a bit, well that happens. But now you have read the horror stories of liposuction and want breast reduction to save your back?
I am perplexed, guess I better search the gallery to see a full shot of jessica if there is one.
My warden was 120 at marriage and after a few years and kids a little slippage and a few pounds takes place, but I still love her the way she is. And your guy likely feels the same way about you.

Well jessica, you facial features would give the impression that you are tall and slender, by the way the kids are cute.

Janice

Jan 12, 2002
Reason NOT to have it done in DR

Jessica

If you are contemplating ANY surgical procedure, don't you think it would be nice to have the surgeon available for follow up care?

I know a lot of people go to Canada, Mexico, DR etc for "cheaper" elective surgery, but if something goes wrong, be prepared to pay the price for your local surgeon to clean up someone elses mistakes :-(

I had surgery performed on my eyes in Canada, and it ended up costing me more than the US though the initial cost was about 60%. I needed an "enhancement" to the original procedure (this was covered if I wanted to travel to Toronto and spend a night again). When dealing with your body, I find it much preferrable to have my "local mechanic" do the work.

Janice

jessica__78

Apr 3, 2002
ok yes I decided ( my fiance like any man tells me he likes me just the way I am) not to go for lipo, but you see god has punished me with big breast,I cant even sit up straight and I would like to get them taken down a couple notches. Mabey that wont be as bad a s lipo.

Thank you but that is one kid, all the pics are of her!!

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Contemplating

Jessica, I suggest you wait until you have had some time on the island before you have any surgical procedure. If you intend to be there for a great length of time with your family the one thing that is going to change is your diet. The Domincan diet of fresh fruits,veggies, lean meats, poultry and fish will melt the pounds off. I know, lost 25 lbs in 10 months and feel better for it. Another thing to consider is exercising as way to obtain relief your back. There are some exercises when followed regularly will give you relief. Diet and exercise is cheaper and less invasive than surgery and will quite possibly leave you with the results you want. Good health to you and regards, PJT

jessica__78

Apr 3, 2002
Yeah I guess I will wait, it scared me with janice story. You think you would be ok in canada but I guess not! :rolleyes:/

bichondad

Jan 19, 2002
BREAST REDUCTION

Jessica,

BE CAREFULL!!!

Breast reduction is NOT like "enhancement". It's a big surgery and leaves some pretty wicked scars. !! :(

It's very painful and takes much longer to heal. :(

If you are that big and have that much discomfort, then do it NOW when you are still young. Be sure you get a "Board Certified Plastic Surgeon" and personally check his work and references.

This is the wrong time to try to save money. I've seen some pretty bad results. :(

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Cosmetic surgery is an art.......

It is sculpture of living flesh. Janice made a good point. After her surgery she needed an "enhancement". In other words the surgeon was careful not to make too dramatic a change which would be "unfixable" should he carve a little too much away. (i saw a friend who had a face lift done in Venezuela......now she looks Chinese!!).
Since the surgeon is a "sculptor" it only stands to reason that after the first procedure once the living tissue he's working with has a chance to heal so he can see the actual results, it make be necessary to "touch-up" to achieve the final result. Since Janice was not a resident of Toronto where she had the surgery it would have meant another trip to have the "free" enhancement done. So it ended up costing her more because she then had to go to a surgeon nearer home, who had to do all the initial "prep" work as if she'd never had surgery and she in effect paid double dues for the work she had done. She was probably also charged a "surcharge" by the surgeon for not having gone to him in the first place......
I met a lady here who had a breast reduction done in Santo Domingo in January (44DD to 38C - she's Dominican and overweight everywhere) and she was very pleased with the results and had no complications whatsoever. She inquired first and found a good surgeon.
I would advise you to do the same once you are here.