Missing Plane

burmell

Jan 12, 2002
Has anyone there in the DR heard any more about the missing plane with the Alvaro Quesadas' on board. I was the was the younger Alvaro's math and science teacher at Santiago Christian School 12 years ago. I have visited with either he or his sister, who was also in one of my classes on several occasions since then. If you know of any more information than what I read on the DR1 news, please inform me.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sadly, at 5p.m. this afternoon, we put Mr. Quezada, his son Alvarito and Mr. Julio Fajardo to rest.

It was a huge gathering of every imaginable person with ties to
tobacco, cigars or Santiago. I am sure that over a thousand people were there.

It has been a rough three days for us all...DR1 was one of the first to tell about this accident.

Incredible lack of governmental capacity to assist in these situations was once again shown, for the second time in less than a month. I talked to the pilot who first saw the wreckage, to the man who got the first forresters to the wreck and brought out the bodies. Maybe, just maybe, this will bring about something positive, but we'll have to see.

HB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Note to Bermell

If you come for a visit, you go to their house and you tell Amelia:
"Mi m?s sincero p?same"

There is not a lot that can be done for her right now. She is with family and friends constantly and they are taking good care of her.

Isn't it strange that the connection between teacher and pupil is so strong, after all these years??

HB