Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb any one have any good domincan recipes

I am lookin for diffrent dominican recipes. Nothing like gourme meals just something everyday, any kind will do.
    Ihave heard that the dominican cake is out of this world!?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I had this book marked. Try it.

http://ecommerce.enel.net/nuestracocina/receta.asp
    Last edited by AnnaC; 04-12-2002 at 07:30 PM.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a pretty fine Dominican cook. Remember when you come back to bring some Ranchero sazon...outta this world. Here are a couple of links for you:

http://www.iguanamama.com/info-food-recepies.html

http://ecommerce.enel.net/nuestracocina/recetario.asp

(guess you beat me to that one, Anna!)

http://www.rincondominicano.net/lonu...minicana3.html

also, check the archives...you'll find a lot of info if you do a search on recipes, also search on tostones...there was quite a thread on cooking plantains...think it was at the end of 2001. Have fun!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default BTW

Does anyone know what beans are used in Habichuelas con Dulce? I know recipes call for "red beans"...the only such beans I can find here are kidney beans...anybody know?
    Last edited by trina; 04-12-2002 at 07:48 PM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

TRINA.

My wife uses romano beans here(Toronto)

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Romano beans, too, but that's for regular rice and beans or morro. Does she use Romano for hab. con dulce, too?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

my absolute fav dominican food is morri son yando (bear with the spelling), like an orange julis, but 100 x better!

jessica

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Still looking for a good locrio recipe...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

mmmmmmmnnnnnn...........locrio con camarrones...............

el jefe, locrio has to be about the easiest meal to make...do you know how to make the sazon? have the pork/chicken/whatever meat marinading in sazon for a minimum of 4 hours, boil with oil, salt, and water until tender; add rice, water, OXO chicken boullion, a couple tsps of tomato paste, cook until rice is done, and you're set.

Hint for tender meat: Put oil in bottom of pan along with a tsp of sugar. When the sugar turns black, the meat is ready to go in.
    Last edited by trina; 04-13-2002 at 12:48 AM.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Trina....locrio con habichuala y aguacate...

yumm...yumm...it does not get any better than that....i'll take that over a filet mignon any day....

MANGU: here's a variation of mangu I made the other day. I find that the best mangu is made with very green platanos...when I boil the platanos, I make sure that they are transluscent almost all the way through...if they appear too white when you slice them, then they'll be hard to mash and they'll taste too grainy....here it goes:

1) boil the platanos until transluscent
    2) at the same time, sautee in good olive oil some some chopped up garlic , red onions, scallions and shallots (if you open up the lid of an olive oil bottle, and you dont smell anything, then you have crappy olive oil!)..season this to taste with salt, a little cumin and a little black and cayene pepper...note that if you happen to have some ham hanging around, chop this up finely and add it in
    3) when I cooked the mixture, I actually burned it a little...the scallions, garlic and shallots became a little crispy....which turned out to be great!!!
    4) mash the plantains with a dinner fork. add some butter, salt and some of the liquid from the boil..be careful not to add too much liquid....and work fast, you cant allow the mangu to get cold.

5) add the sauteed mixture and mix it in....get some avocado....and bingo....you are in heaven

mondongo

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast