Shame on you DR1 Readers

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
To what exactly would you be referring???

Forgive my impertinence but I'm a little dense today.
Just how are people impressed by post written in "proper" English?

Ambiorix Paulin

Apr 7, 2002
www.geocities.com
I don't want to name names but if you don't know what I'm talking about then chances are that you are innocent of said charges. Tambi?n me sorprende que tanta gente esciba sus mensages en ingl?s.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Well that may be but.....

since this is an English message board why would we be impressed when people post in "proper" English?
I don't think any of us "fault" anyone in their use of "poor" English (unless they're looking for a job in the DR to teach English to Dominican students!).
And just what do you define as "proper" English? The Queens' English? American English? Canadian English? British English?

Isaac G

Jan 19, 2002
Ambiorix?

Ambiorix,

Your name is as unusual to me as it very pretty, may I ask the
origin of your name?

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
unique point of view.

Thank you, Ambiorix Paulin, we're all challenged by your unique point of view. :rolleyes: Regards, PJT

Ambiorix Paulin

Apr 7, 2002
www.geocities.com
So far I've tracked my name back to one of Caesar?s war journals where there is a general who goes by the same name and I also know that there was once a Belgian King that had it. I got it because my mother liked it and I?ve heard of about 4 other Dominicans that have it.

qisqeyana@aol.c

Apr 19, 2002
I have several web address the last week in fact I posted a Poem called Mending Wall, due either to political reason of the individual who read it or ignorance was to my reffering to the president as an ass=donkey/ burro that man might have money but no class I listen to some insulting remarks he made towards womenhood, that was my point of refference. Someone has to learn to read, or to use a dictionary, Randon House Webster ISBN 0-345-40095-X i it is paper back. under six dollars. I agree you a few of the previous post, there is a lack of understanding even of the basic English. The gutter use should not be the first interpretation. I am a graduate students at age fifty+ at a university (Catholic high school, single gender). I was insulted the the e-mail I received from this Board, Unacceptabe ussage. Please read carefully, and leave an e-mail address so I can anwer you interpretation. The poem illustrates The DR+Haiti problem to a "T".

MikeKO

Apr 12, 2002
qisqeyana,

If you are going to critisize(sp?) people for grammar and spelling errors, you should seriously consider proof reading your posts. Just a thought.

Mike