Help!

Wenbueno

Apr 21, 2002
Hi!

One Question:

If possible, can anyone please tell me a website or where would I have to go to chat with people in the Dominican Republic? I would like to be able to chat with people who live over there (especially in the Santiago area) because I will soon be visiting the Dominican Republic and would like to make some friends via internet prior to my arrival. I am of Dominican descent and I visit often but don't really have much friends to go out with to the clubs or bars (ex. Tribecca, Boomerang, Ambis and Wave...I also heard about some place called something like Fancy Ford, and another one which supposedly plays English music which is my preference, called Pubs???)

Also to my understanding if you are not a member of El Centro Espanol, El Gurabito Country Club or Amaprosan you cannot get in, which is not good because those are the only places I know of with pools and I am not going to go to Puerto Plata everytime I want to go to the beach/pool or just go tan. I would think that if you had a tourist passport, they would let you in to these places even if you had to pay a fee, but someone told me that you can only go in if you are a member or with someone who is a member.

So actually I'm asking a few questions rather than just one, if anyone could please get back to me with any information as to where to go to chat, where to go clubbin in Santiago (English music preferrably, Hip Hop & Reggae or R&B), and where to go tan to the pools or clubs, I would really appreciate it!

P.S. I'm a 21 year old female from NYC who just wants to go to DR and have a good time in Santiago rather than go to the resorts.

Thanks to all in advance!