Requirements For Living In The Dominican Republic

Karen Emma

Apr 22, 2002
Hi, can anybody tell me whether a visa is needed to reside in the Dominican Republic, and - if so - how much this is. I have been told they are about ?10,000 each! Does anyone know about the requirements for living in the Dominican Republic?

hansbert

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 1, 2002
linguisticservices.aio-world.net
Requirements for living permanently in the DR

If you do not intend to work in the DR you may stay in the country under the tourist status as long as you want to. Each time you are leaving the country (even after years) you need to pay a fine.That does not prevent you from reentering afterwards.
If your intention is to earn your living by some productive activity (as a entrepreneur or being employed) you need a residence permit. Enquire for the conditions to obtain it with the Migration department of the Interior and Police ministry.

rrwells

Mar 19, 2002
Or, if you're relocating to the DR to work for someone and you already have a work agreement, put into your contract that they will work out the residency papers. (like I did!) Most companies that are in the habit of importing workers have a very smooth process for doing such.