Moving to the DR

Jocelyn

Apr 22, 2002
Well, this is the 1st time I have ever used one of these discussion boards, so I am not sure if I will ever get a response from any of you. Still - I recently found out that my boyfriend and I are going to be living in the DR for the next 2 years.
I know absolutely nothing about the place, except history and some blatant facts. As I am going to be moving there, living there and hopefully working there - I was hoping that some of you could point out some of the good and some of the bad sides to the DR. Maybe also some useful tips on what to bring/what you cannot get over there/how it felt for you when (if) you moved there/what the society/social scene is like. Stuff like that.
Also if you know of any web sites or books that have handy, practical information about working, finding jobs, what you do in your spare time ... anything really - could you let me know.
I hope to hear anything from anyone,
thanks

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hi & Welcome.
On the home page of the DR1.com you'll see four colourfull headings Travel, Business, Living, Legal. Each one is filled with information.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Getting at least as many responses as you want is pretty much assured on this board. Post any questions you have; you are sure to get an answer. But the pages that Anna has pointed you to are a very good place to start since they are compilations of information most often requested.

Paula

Apr 22, 2002
Hi Jocelyn,

I have lived in the DR for the past 2 years. If you want info email me. Which part are you moving too? Let me know and i'll advise you if I can help you out at all.