Its almost time!!

jessica__78

Apr 3, 2002
Saturday April 27 I will be saying i do (or even mabey I dont lol!). My stomach is doing backflips. My fiance showed me his tux last night an d let me tell you he looks yummy, but of course no one will look better than me! :)

So i was wondering does anyone have any funny stories about there wedding day? People keep telling me "things will go wrong so just relax and let them happen", so if you guys have any examples please share with me!

THANXS
Jessica

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
All the best to you Jessica. Don't worry too much and all will go smooth. It's been such a long time since my wedding day that I can't remember. LOL. It seemed that so many things we're going well before the wedding day but the actual day went smooth.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Congratulations!!!

On my wedding day...the priest had told us that if we were 15 minutes late, he wouldn't marry us because there were other weddings afterwards.

Well, guess who was almost 15 minutes late?

<b><i>MY EX-HUSBAND...</b></i>

He said he got lost on the way to church...

Now that I've had plenty of time to reflect upon the events of that day...

<b><i>MAYBE I SHOULDN'T HAVE GONE THROUGH WITH THE CEREMONY!</b></i>

Oh, well...I guess you only learn from your own mistakes...

But, jess...don't let any of the stories scare you...Just be there for each other...it's a day to day thing...and something my favorite late aunt told me before my wedding...

Don't ever go to sleep angry with each other...Even if you still don't agree on something, kiss each other before you go to sleep, and try to resolve whatever problems the next day!

BE HAPPY!!!

rrwells

Mar 19, 2002
wedding war stories

Congratulations and good luck,

This didn't actually happen to me, but it happened to my uncle and his beautiful bride. They put a large deposit down on a very expensive wedding cake and the day of the wedding the cake never showed up..the baker had skipped town with the deposit and left them high and dry. My other aunt and uncle ran to a Sam's Club and bought all the cakes they could find so you can imagine the crazy results at the reception. The bride was extremely upset because she is a person who must have everything JUST SO, she still gets irate when she talks about it.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Congrats and Warmest of Wishes

During my cousin's wedding ceremony, it was her groom that fainted. You will have everything go right. Get a little crazy, have fun and make it a time to remember. Dominicans love to see someone having a wonderful time. Congratulations, Warmest of Wishes, and Regards, PJT

jessica__78

Apr 3, 2002
Thanks for your reply Anna!!

Musicqueen- Since my fiance is dominican I understand that they have teir own time so the weddind is at 5 and I told him it was at 4! As far as fighting the best part is the making up, I think that sometimes he picks a fight with me just to do the whole making up thing!

rrwells- I have called about the cake,I have checked on my dress about a hundred times. The only thing that has gone wrong so far is the favorsnever showed up and the ribbons for the favor were all wrong! Both were from party city I will never go there again!

jessica

jessica__78

Apr 3, 2002
Thank you PJT. I think thats what I am worried about with my fiance, When he had the "talk" with my parents he felt like he was going to pass out and his face was white, and then when he asked me to marry him his hands were shaking so bad that he couldnt even put the ring on my finger!!!!

rrwells

Mar 19, 2002
I'm sure everything will go well -- at the end of the day you will be married and that's what counts.

I was maid of honor at a friend's wedding and her husband forgot to get the marriage certificate. When the pastor said 'lawfully wedded wife' the entire wedding party started cracking up.

Isaac Green

Jan 28, 2002
Best wishes

Jessica,

All the best!! I ONLY WONDER WITH YOU BEING SO OPINIONATED WHO WILL WEAR THE PANTS IN YOUR
FAMILY?

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
#$%**

[Great question, Isaac.

Not everyone is looking for a mountain girl, you know. Some men actually ENJOY a woman with something to say (I know, I know, hard to believe...).

And if Jessica_78 seems opinionated to you...well...I just don't know what to say...]

Jessica, good luck - everything will be wonderful! My wedding day was so not your typical wedding. We woke up one Saturday and said, "Feeling like doing it today? Yes? Ok!" Then we hustled down to the ayuntamiento. My wedding attire consisted of a tank top and mini-skirt. Our wedding photos are laughable. But in the end, that's not what matters!

jessica__78

Apr 3, 2002
Dear Mr. isaac,
Do you find opionated woman to strong for your taste. I am so sorry I have my own mind and I say whats on it. The problem is that a man can say any thing he wants but when a woman says what she wants she is a b****, or a touble maker. I am NOT either one, just very outspoken!

love
jessica

P.S. Please dont take offence to any thing I have said!

jessica__78

Apr 3, 2002
Jane J I want you for my wedding planner? But alittle to late, I wanted to go to vegas something like you did but then my mother got a hold of things and it just spun up and up from there.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Fainting

Jessica, be prepared. Bring smelling salts or a tapecassette prerecording of him answering "SI' to the marriage ceremony questions. :) Regards, PJT

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Jessica, Will you have access to the internet from you new home? It's just so us posters can be informed if you had to use the smelling salts or the recording or both. Regards, PJT

jessica__78

Apr 3, 2002
Oh most definitly, can any one live with out the internet? After my honeymoon I am going to try to post some pictures of my wedding.

Just to be safe I am going with the recording- I dont want to loose all that time messing around wiht the smelling salts!;)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
wedding day nightmares......

I could tell you a few.....we run a bridal business!! :D
I was a bridesmaid in a friends wedding several years back. Her gown was a gorgeous creation with 100 meters (300 yds) of silk tulle in it that we brought back from Italy just for her. On the day of the wedding she arranged to get dressed at the store after her hair appointment so nothing could go wrong. She even made arrangements for a limousine to pick her up to take her home for the photo session. I went with her to make sure everything was fine. Getting out of the car the tulle caught on the door handle and ripped the wire from the bottom hem of the dress (about 18 feet of it). Her mother was one of our seamstresses so I told her to get a couple of needles and we'd hand stitch it while we were waiting for the photographer. The only needles she could find (panic stricken) were these large carpet type needles. Then she was so upset she couldn't sew worth a {expletive} so I ended up sewing the whole thing myself (me-the accountant!!) and I still had to get dressed, do my makeup for the pictures!!!
The bride was beautiful, the pictures turned out great and no-one noticed my less than professional hemline!!

When my son got married you can imagine the pressure we were under to host the "perfect" wedding. My daughter-in-law choose a Cinderella theme and everything went great down to the last detail. It wasn't until two days after the wedding when we were cleaning the limousines that we realized the red carpet for the church aisle was neatly rolled in the trunk of one of the limo's and had never been used!
transformer.gif

jessica__78

Apr 3, 2002
Wow MommyC if that first example happens to me I can promise that i will have a heart attack. You know whats funny is that is the exact reason why i did not get a long train, mine just sweeps the floor.

As for your sons wedding, sounds like it went great!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
And the bad news is......

Her's didn't sweep the floor either. It just touched the tip of her toes however it was Tulle (you know that stuff that veils are made of and looks like tiny fish net!).
Just relax, don't panic and all will be well.........
Experience has taught that no matter what- if anything- goes wrong, as long as the bride,groom and clergy show up all will be wonderful. When I got married (we more or less eloped!) the priest was going on vacation and warned if we weren't at the church on time he was gone!!
Well we found out about 30 min. before the wedding that our best man (who was required to sign the license) had read his schedule wrong (he was working on the railroad) and instead of arriving back in our city at 11:30PM the night before the wedding he was arriving at 11:30 AM the day of the wedding. The problem was that the priest had already filled out the marriage certificate to save time and the wedding was at 10 AM and we needed the best man to get married!!! Lucky for us hubby's uncle had the same name(our best man was his grandson who had been named for him).Hubby went to his house, told him to grab a sweater and come with him-said he's explain on the way! So our best man was hubby's 82 yrs old uncle in pants, t-shirt,sweater and house slippers.......he was ecstatic! Said he's never stood up for anyone in his entire life and couldn't think of anyone he's rather be a witness for!!! Sure made his day and ours too!;D
Congratulations and ENJOY your day!!

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
Re: #$%**

Jane J. said:
Some men actually ENJOY a woman with something to say

My friends call this type of woman, a bitch. I find women that don't have something to say, boring! Give me a strong woman any day. This type needs a strong man. Anything less will never earn your respect.