Why are people afraid of the Pen?

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Got your attention? I am talking of our good pal Jean Marie Le Pen, my new personal hero. Yes, the Frenchman presidential candidate everybody loves to hate.

Now here is a man who knows what is all about. Get rid of immigrants who take jobs from the French. Get rid of Africans, Asians, Arabs, Moroccans, blacks, Latins, Dominicans, Haitians, Nicaraguans!!! I just love this guy.

Why don't we have enough guys like this who defend the sovereignty of their nation and race. I have nothing agaisnt the French always being so arrogant and snobbish against other people. I believe that is their strong trait. They have the right to be that way in their land. Apparently 20% of the French people think the same way he does. But I believe the majority of the the French people support his ideas. They are just afraid to say so and will be intimidated in the next days to switch to more middle of the road ideas.

This is the same way I feel about Haitians in DR. I am not offended by the fact that the Swiss will not issue passports or citizenship to Swiss born Dominicans. They have the right not to. In fact, I feel they should deport them if they have to. Dominicans have no business being in Switzerland begging for jobs, bearing children there and taking menial jobs that Swiss don't want. The Swiss should be forced to pay well for all services so that beggars from poor countries don't take their jobs.

Likewise, our construction industry should pay Dominicans well enough so Haitians could leave. We should heavily fine the construction industry for hiring aliens, just like the U.S. does.

So Vive Le Pen!!!!!!!(And of course, Le Pen supports the fusion of Haiti and DR. Althought I hate that, I believe he is just defending the interests of France. We should learn from him)

TW

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
This issue of national sovereignty vs globalization is becoming more and more of an issue these days..

Examples:

The European common wealth

NAFTA

The US inflicting its will on other nations (including the DR)

The US needs a the approval of a dozen other nations to defend itself

pressure of the DR to take over Haiti's problems

Israel is under attack because other nations dont approve of its right to defend itself

I personally find it hard to take a firm stand on either side of the argument. A government is in place to protect its own citizens and culture, and yet great crimes can be commited by the same logic.

i do find it scary that the world is becoming more and more uniform, less and less diversity, smaller religions and cultures are being stamped out, etc.

At the same time, so much progress has been made towards womens rights, spread of medicine, education, etc...

Mar 21, 2002
Ya eso eta ma que masticado

Anda ei diablo, Golo- no te cansas de lo mismo. Leave those poor haitianos alone. They are poor and hungry.Why don't you make an outdoors barbecue in your Piantini condo for all the poor- a love feast like in biblical times. Hey it will relieve alot of stress.

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
O&C

Enough already,

What have you done for the poor haitians lately? If you are so philanthropic tell us about it? If it is a worthwhile cause, I am sure others here would help, perhaps even me.

If you haven't done anything then shut your hypocritical trap!

Mar 21, 2002
Shadley, I am shocked and saddened by your aggression

Why do you call me a hypocrite? Golo is the bad guy here.He is the modern day version of a Dominican Hitler. If he could he would exterminate all Haitians in those large ovens-crematorium.

Tell me I'm game to help out. Concoct something and I'll be there.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Onions

Nothing to do with Haitians alone. I was refering to aliens of all nations, including Dominicans aliens , who are the scum of the earth too.

TW

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
I will tell you what Onions

Any human who is not wanted in another country, and who is denied a visa because he or she will become a burden to that country is a .......S C U M, no pride piece of manure.

People should have the decency to stay where they were born and where they are wanted and have families.

TW

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
Golo is not such a bad guy, you are demonizing him at every chance you get....

as for helping out haiti? I wish I had some ideas, and some time, right now I have neither.

The only thing I can think of really is basic education and education about the environment. If something could be done to check the ignorant farming practices that are turning the place to a desert, the perhaps they could begin rebuilding their environment and economy....

its a real uphill battle, almost a lost cause said to say..

Mar 21, 2002
Golo and Shadley

Golo- people are hungry, they have to emigrate. Haiti is a complete wasteland like the one in Mad Max or The Terminator. What do you want people to do?
Also honestly if you had the power, you have stated before you would exterminate the whole Haitian race.

Golo's final solution to the Haitian problem-genocide TRUE or FALSE

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
So, are you saying that no one should have the right to live in another country? Do you not believe in cultural diversity? How can you NOT see the POSTIVE effects of having a country so rich in many cultures? Culture adds character and uniqueness, it adds to the education of others.

I have to agree with O&C on this one.

Mar 21, 2002
Thanx Meredith, at last someone

agrees with me today. It seems the planets have caused DR1 posters to rally against me. I was kind of feeling sad.

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
Not all cultures are positive... cultural diversity can be distructive. It has destroyed many cultures already by watering down beliefs, and defocusing the community. Do I think we should stamp out other cultures? NO, but we have to recognize the cost and downside of just letting any old thing be called culture.

No one has the right to live in another country. That country has the right to choose who and how many are allowed into it..

Do I blame the haitians for trying to get out? no of course not, who wouldnt when the choice is starving?

Would I as an american just allow a flood of any old joe into the country? NO! the same goes for the DR with haiti.

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
I only see one hypocrite

hey TW - didn't you live in the states for sometime, I mean, how could you come here and steal jobs from these poor Americans. How could the Mexicans come to the US and work those long hours in the field for substandard pay when there are so many begging for those jobs. gimme a break!

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
DR Techie

I believe you have to read carefully. I said that if you are denied an entry visa to any country, or you are not a desirable quality visitor in the eyes of another country, you should have enough dignity not to visit or even migrate to that country.

Yes I lived in the United States. But I never went to beg or take jobs away. I went there to support the U.S. economy with my education money. I did not go there to get free education. I paid for it. My family paid for my fare, my food, my education, my clothes, my health and the rest with Dominican earned pesos turned into dollars.

My school, Riverside Military Academy wanted me there dead or alive, because I could help their budget and income. That is the big difference.

Any country in the world would go out of its way to give me a visa. In fact, the U.S. Immigration Dept. has been giving me a hard time because I don't visit the U.S. enough. When I got my green card, it was sent to me by messenger. I did not interview for it!!! I don't want to live anywhere else, but DR..........well, maybe Brazil.....I wish I had the adventurer thing in me just to go there. But I am not into it.

TW

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
give me a break golo. They are giving you a hard time because you don't go back enough? That is a bunch of bull. You are not that special, there are a lot more important people out in the world and they are not begged to come back to visit the U.S. You are a very, very, small person in the huge population.
Who makes the decision that you are not good enough to visit a country, who is to say that ones skills are not good enough to live there. If I was in the place of those deciding who was accepted or denied into a country, I would never let you in. You would destroy my country rather than benefit it. What makes these people so special? Nothing, they are some high up individuals who are just on an ego trip.

jessica__78

Apr 3, 2002
Hey O&C make that three!
1blue1.gif

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
LOL...

<b>Now, I've heard it all!!!</b>

Golo, give me a break...

<i>"Any country in the world would go out of its way to give me a visa. In fact, the U.S. Immigration Dept. has been giving me a hard time because I don't visit the U.S. enough. When I got my green card, it was sent to me by messenger. I did not interview for it!!! I don't want to live anywhere else, but DR..........well, maybe Brazil.....I wish I had the adventurer thing in me just to go there. But I am not into it. "</i>

<b>YOU HAVE GOT TO BE THE CRAZIEST PERSON I'VE MET IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!</b>

And a liar to boot!!! Nobody in the world gets anything from the US Immigration Dept. by messenger, and it's a requirement to interview to get your residency card...

Unless, of course, you are not only RICH but CROOKED as heck, and you bribed someone in DR...which I know is very easy to do!

I guess all the free time for not having to work with all your money, has finally pushed you over the edge!

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
DrTechie, that was exactly what was running through my mind... don't bitch about immigrants if you've been one!

Golo said:

"Get rid of immigrants who take jobs from the French. Get rid of Africans, Asians, Arabs, Moroccans, blacks, Latins, Dominicans, Haitians, Nicaraguans!!! I just love this guy."

So when you were gracing those of us in the United States with your almighty pesos turned into dollars, you were still a Dominican immigrant in the U.S., I don't give a rat's &$$ how much money you had in your pocket. So following your 'Le Pen' logic, you would not have been able to do that. Because as quoted above, you want to get rid of Africans, Asians... Domincans...Nicaraguans. That's you, pal! If we all thought this way, not only would we (as Meredith pointed out) be culturally ignorant, but we would also be economically worse off because none of our markets would be open because each country would be closed off from the next.

There's a reason why the whole world is shocked and dismayed about Le Pen ya know, he's not just a scapegoat.

P.S. Here's a great idea: take those pesos turned into dollars turned into pesos again and head over to the thread in Living that Mondongo started about getting PC's, books, etc. to kids in orphanages and schools in the DR!!!!!! It's called 'What Can We Do?' in case you get lost.