Residency card after depositing citizenship application

Moro

Jul 28, 2017
Hi,

I was wondering once your citizenship application is in process which can take 6months - to a year or more what does one have to do with regards to the residency card? Do we have to keep renewing it until we sworn in citizens?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Hi,

I was wondering once your citizenship application is in process which can take 6months - to a year or more what does one have to do with regards to the residency card? Do we have to keep renewing it until we sworn in citizens?

I didn't, however the government tells you to.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Citizenship is now going much faster if you deposit all of the papers necessary, usually less than 6 months. I didn't renew but didn't leave the country either. I suggest when it gets close to renewal time check with the MIP how much longer to go. When i was sworn in, many had only waited 3 or 4 months.

Matilda

Moro

Jul 28, 2017
Thanks guys,

Also how long did it take you guys to get sworn in from the date you took the oral test?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Again it has changed. The test is now written and not oral and done at the end of the process not the beginning as it was when I did it. The latest information is that you take the test, are told immediately pass or fail, pay your RD$5,000 the same day and are sworn in on the next swearing in date which is the last Thursday of each month.

Matilda