Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Forbidden error

  1. #11
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,366
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    add me to the list. started this afternoon with IE11.........

    I switched to Microsoft Edge and no problems

    Also no problems if i use Chrome

  2. #12
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,366
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Problem went away, now problem is back with IE11.


    edit: no sooner than I posted the above the problem went away. I guess it lasted a total of ten minutes.

  3. #13
    DR1
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Problem went away, now problem is back with IE11.


    edit: no sooner than I posted the above the problem went away. I guess it lasted a total of ten minutes.
    When doing what? Posting, surfing, searching, liking?????

  4. #14
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,366
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    When doing what? Posting, surfing, searching, liking?????
    I have a pinned tab that I click that takes me directly to dr1 forums page. I believe it was two days ago when i clicked that tab i got the Forbidden message. Sometime last night the problem went away and i was able to click and go directly to the forums page.

    About two hours ago the problem came back but it only lasted around ten minutes and everything now seems back to normal.

    Also two days ago I might get Forbidden with Edge while Chrome was no problem. I tried to pinpoint what was going on but is was so erratic it got me confused.

    Whatever was done last night seemed to fix things up except for that brief ten minutes today.



    edit: forgot to mention using IE11 for pinned tab dr1
    Last edited by bigbird; 03-16-2018 at 01:58 PM. Reason: more info

  5. #15
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    6,605
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Can Cloudflare block Asian Calligraphy ? - seems i have heard something about this - would be a simple solution for an English website using Western fonts

  6. #16
    DR1
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    Can Cloudflare block Asian Calligraphy ? - seems i have heard something about this - would be a simple solution for an English website using Western fonts
    No....

  7. #17
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,366
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    Can Cloudflare block Asian Calligraphy ? - seems i have heard something about this - would be a simple solution for an English website using Western fonts
    I never heard about Cloudflare until this morning. I couldn't access dr1 but got a message diagram showing my pc, green check............ cloudflare, green check, and dr1 a red x. I wish i had taken a screen shot. So my guess is, at least with me, cloudflare is in use but didn't do a thing to get rid of Rocket Man.

  8. #18
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    40,654
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I never heard about Cloudflare until this morning. I couldn't access dr1 but got a message diagram showing my pc, green check............ cloudflare, green check, and dr1 a red x. I wish i had taken a screen shot. So my guess is, at least with me, cloudflare is in use but didn't do a thing to get rid of Rocket Man.
    Cloudflare is not majik. It distributes content so it's served as close to the customer as techniocally possible. It can prevend *some* DDOS and other attacks. But if a given server is in the crosshairs Cloudflare won't stop it.

    I use Cloudflare on all our web projects that are either international in nature (wide distribution) or have heavy graphics (pics take longer to load, better to store them close to who fetches them.) MotoCaribe uses Cloudflare combines with something called Wordfence, CF being the distribiutor and WF being security...
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

  9. #19
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,366
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    @ CB, don't know where or how this Cloudfare came into play but somehow it is in use when i log onto dr1. I am just a bit annoyed i didn't do the screenshot.

    Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Cloudflare is not majik. It distributes content so it's served as close to the customer as techniocally possible. It can prevend *some* DDOS and other attacks. But if a given server is in the crosshairs Cloudflare won't stop it.

    I use Cloudflare on all our web projects that are either international in nature (wide distribution) or have heavy graphics (pics take longer to load, better to store them close to who fetches them.) MotoCaribe uses Cloudflare combines with something called Wordfence, CF being the distribiutor and WF being security...

  10. #20
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    40,654
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    @ CB, don't know where or how this Cloudfare came into play but somehow it is in use when i log onto dr1. I am just a bit annoyed i didn't do the screenshot.
    It's the closest contracted server to where your innerweb connection is. Cloudflare is a distributive network designed so a website is assured the highest speed and lowest ping. DR1 pays CF for this service.

    Cloudflare is NOT the problem DR1 is dealing with.

    There is little, if anything, that DR1 can do.

    I've gotten the error messages myself.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

  11. Likes DR1Admin liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •