Buscando a la chambra

Cora

Apr 15, 2002
I was in Puerto Plata about 8 months ago and i met a guy there his name was Jose but everyone called him La Chambra just wondering if anyone can help me find him, Im going back and really want to see him. thanx in advance

Mar 21, 2002
La Chambra

Man with a name like that why would you want to meet up with him. Sounds like he is wanted by the Policia Nacional or the C.N.D.

Or maybe he is a.k.a. Dominican Papi.

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
So you make fun of Average Joes on one thread, while trying to befriend them on another. Nice...

Mar 21, 2002
That ain't the name of an average JOE

Any Dominicano who has an alias is a criminal wanted by the police. No wonder you dimwit gringas get taken by these thugs in the DR.

An average Dominicano(a) has a normal name. He doesn't go by aliases or a.k.a.'s. I post under Onions and carrots on DR1 but no one in the DR refers to me as Madera alias whatever.

There is a difference between a worker and a wanted man.
Ese nombre de La Chambra sounds suscipicious. I'm going to check it out on DR's most wanted.

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
You are ridiculous! Wasn't there just a big brouhaha over senators running for election using their apodos? Why, yes. Yes there was.

Mar 21, 2002
Lookey here

Man you set yourself up for this one. Maybe you are a ditz.

Yeah I remember a senator using Josecito. Just goes to show you all politicians are crooks.

P.S. To all DR1 members on DR1, hey all insults are just for fun. Please don't take any personal lest we have a Geoffrey Dahmers amongst the DR1 crowd.

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

You

Cora

Apr 15, 2002
Jane are we talking about the same guy, When did he get married, and how do u know him.

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Cora, Trina is the one with the info...I'm just the dimwit gringa defending the right to have a nickname.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Cora,if you want to play the game,know the rules

It was "Trina" who said that your "Dominican Papi" was in Canada,not "Jane"! It,s not hard if you pay attention and read before you "Key"! I know "La Chambra" very well! If you would like to see him again just check-in to any "all-Inclusive" in the Dominican Republic and ask where the guys from "Animacion" are! He may look different,but trust me he,s the same guy!He still loves you,he just lost your phone number and address when you left! Good Luck! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCccccccccccccccccccccccc

Mar 21, 2002
A littl bit of advice

I finally got! Do you know what the problem is?
It's when people want to apply American rules of conduct or whatever to a Dominican situation. A square in a circle peg.

What a recipe for disaster. When in Rome.....................!

By the way what the heck is a Chambra, is that like un alacran?

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
It was me that answered, I can guarantee you we are talking about the same guy. He used to work in Playa Dorada. His real name is Jose, his friends call him Chambra. I know him and a few of his friends through mutual friends...they all hung out at a street near the soccer center in POP. Chambra has been married for quite a few years, and is now living with his wife in Canada.

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
A chambra, O&C, is a safety pin. (Are you sure you're from the DR?)

It's when people want to apply American rules of conduct or whatever to a Dominican situation.
Again, the custom of having nicknames is very Dominican - hardly American. Everyone has one. Rich, poor - everyone.

Mar 21, 2002
Anda ei diablo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahora tengo a eta americanita cuestionando mi dominicanidad.Como va ser?

Boy do I have time today. The market is in a rangebound consolidation mode. Not a lot of action.

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
As? es, buen fre'co. Que tu no sabes lo que es una chambra? O no los usan ustedes, los riquitos?