Opportunity for Carpentry Work?

acey

Apr 25, 2002
Hi There,
I'm a 58 year old professional carpenter (licenced journeyman) with 30 years experience living in Canada. I'm interested in working in the DR for a few months at my trade to get away from the colder weather.

Could anyone tell me if there are such opportunities?

Thanks in advance,
Wayne

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Reliable competitive carpentry work is in much demand. You just need to be able to connect with the right people. Probably right here among the dr1 community there should be enough people to start a clientele.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Hey.....

If you do kitchens and are willing to pay your own way down in January of 2003 I'm going to re-do mine.
I'll give you a room for the time it takes and the best meals I can make with a kitchen under construction (means a lot of fish on the bar-b-que!).......providing your rates are reasonable!

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
Dolores said:
Reliable competitive carpentry work is in much demand. You just need to be able to connect with the right people. Probably right here among the dr1 community there should be enough people to start a clientele.

Dolores,

I don't wish to dispute what you are saying, but I haven't seen evidence of this, although you may be right about starting to look with this community. There is very little frame construction in this country although sometimes interior projects require carpentry work. Could you please explain for us where or what type of work this is in a bit more detail?

Also, perhaps it would help us if our carpenter friend would explain exactly what type of carpentry work he likes to do(framing, cabinetry, fine woodworking, etc.).

Also, another thought, how are you going to get your tools here through customs?

Last edited: