Does Anyone Know A Reputable Guitar Technician In Santo Domingo?

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
I've got a Fender Strat that has a volume and tone pots stuck and need to be fixed, but afraid to just take it to anyone here-even the music stores.

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
There is a guy in Soasu named Dr. Frankenstein, he makes these things. Sorry don't know his email address. Ping him and see what he says. Good luck.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
There is a "World" renowned guitar maker, fixer/adjuster, etc. Finnish man, Seppo, living in Puerto Plata. He moved here from Canada (but originally from Finland). If you Google his name, I.E--"Seppo guitar maker in Puerto Plata," you should get some results. I have posted photos on Facebook of his work...nothing short of amazing!! People fly here just to order a guitar made by him. I have met several people at the bar who came down here just to buy one of his guitars!1

If you go onto "Everything Cabarete & Coconut Telegraph" and do a search for "Seppo", you will see some of his guitars that i have posted. Prepared to be floored!!

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
There is a guy in Soasu named Dr. Frankenstein, he makes these things. Sorry don't know his email address. Ping him and see what he says. Good luck.

Have to say, I'd have a hard time taking my guitar to a dude named Dr. Frankenstein, but thanks for the suggestion just the same.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
There is a "World" renowned guitar maker, fixer/adjuster, etc. Finnish man, Seppo, living in Puerto Plata. He moved here from Canada (but originally from Finland). If you Google his name, I.E--"Seppo guitar maker in Puerto Plata," you should get some results. I have posted photos on Facebook of his work...nothing short of amazing!! People fly here just to order a guitar made by him. I have met several people at the bar who came down here just to buy one of his guitars!1

If you go onto "Everything Cabarete & Coconut Telegraph" and do a search for "Seppo", you will see some of his guitars that i have posted. Prepared to be floored!!

here ya go, frank

https://www.frankinsteinguitarworks.com/contact

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
Yep, that's him! I've seen a couple of his guitars, Holy Mother were they beautiful!!

Yah no doubt-this looks like what I am looking for to fix my strat. Thanks for the suggestion. Thought the initial poster was joking with the name, but this is real.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Have to say, I'd have a hard time taking my guitar to a dude named Dr. Frankenstein, but thanks for the suggestion just the same.

Do not worry, Seppo knows what he is doing, whether making them from scratch or repairing another person's guitar. He in Puerto Plata and not Sosua if you can't fix the issues yourself.

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
hi.
i am a musician/guitarist of no repute.
What sort of money are we talking about $3-500
, $500-800, nothing below $1000????. Im curious about the price of Seppos guitarzzz

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
hi.
i am a musician/guitarist of no repute.
What sort of money are we talking about $3-500
, $500-800, nothing below $1000????. Im curious about the price of Seppos guitarzzz

It depends entirely upon the model . He will build custom guitars for you on request as well.
Our bass player bought his Beatle Bass style bass from him and also an electric stand up model.

The most expensive model he makes has the ability to sound either electric or like a true acoustic guitar amplified. Seppo found a way to put in the proper pickups to achieve both ends.

Have a look and you can always ask Seppo about a particular model:

https://www.frankinsteinguitarworks.com/

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Wow-ok guess I was wrong-scratch my last statement-only problem is that I am down in SD.

Have you tried any of the music stores on 30 de marzo a few blocks up from bolivar to 27 de febrero are probably a half dozen places. Might be somewhere to start?

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
Maybe Omar Jana “third world guitars” in Santo Domingo last i heard was gazcue district but it’s been a few years so his current status not sure but he was excellent luthier also did occasional repair work on electric and acoustics found him on google search 8 years ago.