2007 RAV4 Rear Door,bumper, tire rack etc

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Afternoon, The good news is that the insurance company is going to give me a lump sum payment to have the vehicle repaired when it was hit in the back. But the repair estimates have been all over the place from NEVESA, Robles, etc. And in each case the company is saying that I will have to supply the parts!! So I have to try and find the parts myself. Does any one know of a front end wrecked 2007 RAV4 (I need the whole rear door light green looks like silver/gray preferably) bumper, tire rack etc. Or where the junk yards are? AND a mechanic to take off all the old and put in the new (used) parts? I would post a picture but I am technically challenged. Thanks

Attachments

• RAV4 28FEB18.jpg
    RAV4 28FEB18.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 163
  • RAV4 Two 28FEB18.jpg
    RAV4 Two 28FEB18.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 152
Last edited by a moderator:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Good Afternoon, The good news is that the insurance company is going to give me a lump sum payment to have the vehicle repaired when it was hit in the back. But the repair estimates have been all over the place from NEVESA, Robles, etc. And in each case the company is saying that I will have to supply the parts!! So I have to try and find the parts myself. Does any one know of a front end wrecked 2007 RAV4 (I need the whole rear door light green looks like silver/gray preferably) bumper, tire rack etc. Or where the junk yards are? AND a mechanic to take off all the old and put in the new (used) parts? I would post a picture but I am technically challenged. Thanks

try to post a picture , and i will be able to tell you if it will be a simple bolt on bolt off process. the shop might have to do work squaring the gate opening..

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
There is a recycler between Higuey and Otra Banda that has tons of Toyota parts. Also last week I drove thru La Vega and it looked like junk yard heaven.
The parts are there. If you want the right ones you will have to go look.
You could leave it to the locals but you might get a Frankenstein looking car.
In high school I had a 1967 Plymouth that had 3 doors that were the same color. Unfortunately the didn't match the rest of the car.
Good luck.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Maybe someone can help him post his picture 

Or even find a parts place for him

Gorgon.....?

New car finder and parts procurement... 
business expansion 

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Junk yards in DR? Where you can just walk in, find something valuable for your car and take it off? Lol. You should go to Villa Juana in SD, that's where 90% of all spare parts off dead cars go, at very reasonable prices now for your car/model.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
There is a recycler between Higuey and Otra Banda that has tons of Toyota parts. Also last week I drove thru La Vega and it looked like junk yard heaven.
The parts are there. If you want the right ones you will have to go look.
You could leave it to the locals but you might get a Frankenstein looking car.
In high school I had a 1967 Plymouth that had 3 doors that were the same color. Unfortunately the didn't match the rest of the car.
Good luck.

Who charges more than new parts cost ?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Perhaps a bit outside the box
but hopefully not outside the realm of possibility.....

You could look for a RAV4 owner willing to sell his rear door unit...
I saw a 'Doorless' vehicle the other day... rear door gone

as they say - Everything's for sale...

Just musing....

Jan 9, 2004
Good Afternoon, OK can anybody tell me where there are any junk yards close to Santiago?

There are several on the Duarte highway going out from and coming into Santiago on both sides.

Small, but you would be amazed at the stuff they have....or know where it is.

Expect to pay at least 50,000 pesos for a good used rear door gate. 2006-2012 will fit your vehicle.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Perhaps a bit outside the box
but hopefully not outside the realm of possibility.....

You could look for a RAV4 owner willing to sell his rear door unit...
I saw a 'Doorless' vehicle the other day... rear door gone

as they say - Everything's for sale...

Just musing....

What was Henny Youngman's favorite expression ? Take my wife please.......

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Maybe someone can help him post his picture 

Or even find a parts place for him

Gorgon.....?

New car finder and parts procurement... 
business expansion 

i actually made the trip to Santiago to look for the gate. i went to some guys i know, and i have located three gates.

none of them is 50,000 pesos.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
More or less ??

I hope our friend listens to you... will save him a ton of grief

Good work.
People will learn how good you are at this.... hopefully

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

What insurance company was this?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
way less...and he is going to need a bumper, and i located that, too.

that was nice of you to do G. I can only imagine the time and effort.

kudos.

What happened here??
The car gods are watching...
we're all waiting to hear if / when the car is back on the road....

It sounded like you had it under control

My friend knocked out the rear glass on a new Ford Explorer...
Knows nothing about cars so insisted it go to the dealer in SD...

Took more than 2 weeks to get parts and fix

For sure , a local guy would have put that glass in in a day or two.

Lots of bad advice out there....

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Afternoon, the real reason is that I acted as an adjuster and accepted about half what is is going to cost. Being in a hurry and very dumb. Insurance Colonial and the Gorgon has been of immense help. We talk every day. I hereby plead guilty to being terminally stupid for accepting any amount with out checking it appears that they were on the hook fro much more.