LGBT: Gay Friendly Hotels and bars in Boca Chica, please only post relevant info

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I'd like to ask anyone in the LGBT community, friends and supporters to help with information on gay-friendly hotels (or gay hotels if there are any) in Boca Chica, and also any bars which are gay-friendly.

I'd like to request that people only post relevant information and don't turn this into a general discussion about whether it is right or wrong to be LGBT in the Dom Rep.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Post deleted by moderator and infraction given

Last edited by a moderator:

affald

May 17, 2004

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Yes it was closed and Robert said unless he sees some LGBT activity he won't even consider a separate forum. My guess TropicalPaul is trying to start some activity..............

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I work in the hotel industry, we get a lot of gay guests. I know my way around the gay bars and clubs, and the hotels, in Santo Domingo. But there is a lot of interest from my gay guests in Boca Chica, I am frequently asked if I know of any gay hotels or bars there, and to be honest I don't. So I just wondered if anyone could help me. This is why I posted the thread.

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
I work in the hotel industry, we get a lot of gay guests. I know my way around the gay bars and clubs, and the hotels, in Santo Domingo. But there is a lot of interest from my gay guests in Boca Chica, I am frequently asked if I know of any gay hotels or bars there, and to be honest I don't. So I just wondered if anyone could help me. This is why I posted the thread.
I go to Boca Chica quite often for food, drinks, a massage from my favorite Haitian masseuse, swimming and nostalgia. We used to go there as a family in the very early 60's so I have a connection with BC that very few posters here have; if I'm mistaken please feel free to correct me. I'll make some inquiries on my next visit onTuesday.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
You should try sending "frank recktenwald" a PM if he does't reply. He used to live in Boca and knows everything there is to know about Boca.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Are there any hotels that aren't gay friendly?

I always suggest to people to avoid the large all-inclusives as I think that these tend to be more focused on the mainstream market - straight couples and families. And some hotels are gay-owned, or specifically market themselves to the LGBT community so they are probably a better bet.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
If you talk about gay friendly all hotels are very open and not problem to recieve gays, also gays go all bars without labels and not problems, in colonial zone there are few bars for Gays, Fogoo, G-longe and Esedeku, are not big places.

affald

May 17, 2004
Since I asked mods for clarification and did not get an answer from one, (the other orally told me it was not an infraction) please let me very respectfully ask here, since this mod made a point of publicly posting that I got an infraction..... How is simply posting "Great idea" qualify as "Personal attack, insults, Off-topic etc" ????

I think answering this publicly is a GREAT IDEA!

I really want to avoid infractions in the future.

How is posting two total words "great idea" an infraction.

Other dr1 members and a mod I have personally spoken to really want to know. They don't want infractions either.

Furthermore for most of the members who read that I was given this infraction will assume I said what homophobic, which I am not. Why this public humiliation?

Staying on topic, I have info, thru a gay friend, not on dr1, that is willing to give good info. PM please.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Since I asked mods for clarification and did not get an answer from one, (the other orally told me it was not an infraction) please let me very respectfully ask here, since this mod made a point of publicly posting that I got an infraction..... How is simply posting "Great idea" qualify as "Personal attack, insults, Off-topic etc" ???? I think answering this publicly is a GREAT IDEA! I really want to avoid infractions in the future.  How is posting two total words "great idea" an infraction. Other dr1 members and a mod I have personally spoken to really want to know. They don't want infractions either. Furthermore for most of the members who read that I was given this infraction will assume I said what homophobic, which I am not. Why this public humiliation? Staying on topic, I have info, thru a gay friend, not on dr1, that is willing to give good info. PM please.

The OP asks for information about locations in Boca Chica. If you’re not responding to that query, you are taking the thread “off topic”. Obviously you did not understand Robert in the original thread, despite the infractions he gave you in that one. 

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
Since I asked mods for clarification and did not get an answer from one, (the other orally told me it was not an infraction) please let me very respectfully ask here, since this mod made a point of publicly posting that I got an infraction..... How is simply posting "Great idea" qualify as "Personal attack, insults, Off-topic etc" ????

I think answering this publicly is a GREAT IDEA!

I really want to avoid infractions in the future.

How is posting two total words "great idea" an infraction.

Other dr1 members and a mod I have personally spoken to really want to know. They don't want infractions either.

Furthermore for most of the members who read that I was given this infraction will assume I said what homophobic, which I am not. Why this public humiliation?

Staying on topic, I have info, thru a gay friend, not on dr1, that is willing to give good info. PM please.

When you finish clutching your pearls i recommend a frosty mint julep to help assuage your overwhelming vapors.

Puhlease Louise.  

affald

May 17, 2004

The OP asks for information about locations in Boca Chica. If you’re not responding to that query, you are taking the thread “off topic”. Obviously you did not understand Robert in the original thread, despite the infractions he gave you in that one. 

Please excuse the "like" of your post, as it was made in error. If my two word benign comment was off topic enough to warrant an infraction, then so do 99% of all posts.

I do thank you for allowing my response to stand as I did not want the community to think I had made a homophobic comment.

1fd8d5d41fecacf5e212ccb2c5cd256b.jpg

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Are there any hotels that aren't gay friendly?

Right. I would think as a starting point all hotels in the DR are LGBT friendly. Just like I think most expats in the DR accept doing businss with LGBT people expat or Dominican. Whats the problem ? I dont think there is a big problem. The DR seems to me to be fairly open minded compared to other parts of the Caribbean and parts of the US. 

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Right. I would think as a starting point all hotels in the DR are LGBT friendly. Just like I think most expats in the DR accept doing businss with LGBT people expat or Dominican. Whats the problem ? I dont think there is a big problem. The DR seems to me to be fairly open minded compared to other parts of the Caribbean and parts of the US. 

Translation: "it's not a problem for me, so why should it be a problem for them?"

There is a huge difference for some queer/gay people who want to go to gay friendly hotels. 
We had no idea Casa Sanchez was when we booked it but were thrilled to know it was and it was  just what we needed and missed from back home. The queer community! 
Some of you straight people just don’t get it and seems you may never understand, why you have to keep posting I don’t quite get.
Tonight my wife was performing and there was a gay couple at the restaurant, that made her night! 
I hope you find the info you need Paul.